Who made this tool?
Yard sale find. NOS from a local ww'ing store that closed a few years back. Bar is 3/4". Will any cutter that I can bolt on work? Any info appreciated. Thanks!

[Image: IMG_1805_zpsq9nmvocv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1806_zpshtjv085h.jpg]
I do not know but it sure looks easy to use.
Yes   I personally might remove more metal at the nose to make it more streamlined tho.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I haven't seen that particular one. However, that is the standard handle for the 'Artisan' brand tools that is the Craft Supplies in house brand. Don't know who makes them...

robo hippy
Looks a lot like a hunter cutter.
(06-03-2017, 10:23 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Looks a lot like a hunter cutter.

Actually a cutter from metal working.  Maybe 20-25 years back some "name" turners dabbled in them.  I got some from a machine shop up in town like that, as well as others.  Don't have to think in terms of pots (hollow forms) to appreciate it.  It's really a ring tool that won't jam, and does a splendid job on endgrain.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(06-03-2017, 10:23 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Looks a lot like a hunter cutter.

I thought so,too. I looked at Hunter's web page and didn't see anything like the tool. I might go there for cutters if I need to.
There are a couple of hole diameters (at least) available in the inserts in my experience.  Pay attention. 

http://www.lmtfettetools.com/catalogs/Tu...urning.pdf  Page 18 shows a third.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
if you need cutters, they are called "inserts" in the metalworking community.  It can be hard to break the code on which variety of insert it is.  It has been a while since I have bought inserts, so it would take me a while to figure out which one that is.  It has positive rake though, so I would expect to find a 'P' in the designator.  For metals, a lot of the tools have negative rake.

What is the diameter of the insert?