Bandsaw purchase decision
Hi- I'd like to purchase a new bandsaw, I have a budget going up to about $1,500.  The maximum resaw capacity I need is 12".  I'd like a reasonably large work table.  I'd like recommendations from folks regarding well made saws available at this time.  Thank you, in advance.
                -Howard
I have the Laguna 14bx 220v and it's a beast of a saw and I love it, probably one of my favorite tools to use in my shop.
Found my like new 20" Agazzani for ~$1600 with rolling base.
Wood is good. 
There are usually some deals to be had on used equipment if you have the time to wait and shop.  However, if I was to buy a new one I would probably buy the Laguna 14BX with the 2.5 HP motor.  I have the original 14-12 which I bought before the newer models were available.  I like the ceramic guides and it cuts very well.  I have a Resaw King blade on it and I can cut slices 0.020" thick, that are consistent from end to end, with no problem.  I haven't resawn very wide boards much but on 6" wide and narrower it's great.  I would like to have a brake like the new ones have and a more powerful motor would be a plus if you resaw wide boards.

Lonnie

PS  I use a magnetic light from Peachtree ($20) instead of the Laguna high dollar light.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/shop_lights.htm
another vote for the Laguna - love mine.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
I was strongly considering the Laguna 14SUV before I went really big and got the Grizzly G636X.  The advantage of the SUV over the BX is the SUV is made in Italy, has a larger motor and 14" vs. 12" resaw height, but both would be good choices, IMO. 

John
Uhhh.... The SUV is made in China, has a 3 hp motor and is 300.00 more than the 14 BX which has a 2.5 hp motor and is made in Taiwan. Laguna also has an 18 BX for $2000.00. If you want an Italian saw from Laguna you'll have to move up to the LT16 HD for 3500.00.
My SUV suffered lower wheel bearing failure that was easy to get bearings for (common). But I do worry about Laguna CS or proprietary parts.
The SUV is a nice saw.
I have not looked carefully but It seems the BX has some advantages over the SUV.
I would carefully look over the Rikon and Grizzly saws for CS and parts support before jumping.
Ag
I swear when I looked at it earlier it said Italian LT14 X SUV, but it seems I was mistaken.  Sorry about that.  Still a great saw. 

John
My 24" E.V.Beronius with 3kW (4hp) three phase motor is proven to be on the small side for resawing 10 inch boards though it can be done with a ridiculously low feed rate.
For resawing 12 inch boards you need a significantly bigger and more powerful saw.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English