Our Own Zach's Book
Hey Skip,

Paperback would have been preferred but I was traveling when purchased and enjoyed the read nonetheless.....

Do still prefer to purchase books I plan on keeping in hard cover....

Regards,
Andy

-- mos maiorum
Zack:  just got my copy, congrats to you!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-19-2017, 06:47 PM)Adnick Wrote: Hey Skip,

Paperback would have been preferred but I was traveling when purchased and enjoyed the read nonetheless.....

Do still prefer to purchase books I plan on keeping in hard cover....

Regards,
Andy

Hi Andy;
Thanks..... I think it's a young guy/old guy thing.... at 69 my idea of a computer is something I have to work at reluctantly from time to time, while taking plenty of breaks here... No computer in my phone, no kindle.... kinda boring old guy actually.  My son is nearly 50 and he does all that young folks stuff...
Skip

Zach, love your "Lessons Learned" chapter 9, truer words were never spoken.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been away from the shop for a while now due to a new baby and some outside and OT work I've been doing. I'm hoping to get back in the shop very soon, if nothing more than to sweep up the cobwebs!

Zach
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

(08-14-2017, 03:10 PM)ZachDillinger Wrote: Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been away from the shop for a while now due to a new baby and some outside and OT work I've been doing. I'm hoping to get back in the shop very soon, if nothing more than to sweep up the cobwebs!

Zach

Hey Zach;

Good to see you in here again! Your shop needs you...... altho glad to hear you've got some outside work too!

What is your next book gonna be about???

Stop in occasionally...
Skip

The book I'm working on now is a little... different. Still grounded in the basic philosophical language I introduced in WSPC but taking on a different topic entirely. After I get this one out of my system, another woodworking book will be in order, though not yet in the works. Frankly, I put so much of myself and my working methods into WSPC that I'm unsure I'd have anything interesting to say in another.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

Thanks for the reply Zach;

You have a very traditional outlook that comes thru in every word.  The furniture you build is true to the time period of it's original, and so are the methods you use to build them.  The number of craftsmen who sell their furniture who also don't use a planer and drum sander, much less a table saw, is a very small group of folks. Most of them come on here and tell us they have to use the power tools or not be able to charge enough to make money.

So I would expect that you would be able develop a substantial philosophy from that.  Looking forward to see what you write next. When I read what you write I think about what Warren says here occasionally, and his words have affected my work methods more than anybody else.
Skip