FS: Magazine Lots -- Early Popular Woodworker, Woodworker's Journal
Here are a few lots of early magazines for sale.

19 issues for Popular Woodworker/Woodworking. Issues 20-32, 36-38, 40-41, 61, 72. Asking $19 plus media mail shipping.

11 issues of Woodworker's Journal. Mostly late '80s and early '90s. $11 plus media mail shipping.

20 issues of Woodworker's Journal. Mid-80s. $20 plus media mail shipping.

Be aware, the post office will not let you ship those media due to the ads.

I know it is a dumb rule, but that is what they say.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(06-08-2017, 09:25 PM)Martin S. Wrote: Be aware, the post office will not let you ship those media due to the ads.

I know it is a dumb rule, but that is what they say.

I actually looked up the "Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM 300) 173.3.2" governing this, and while periodicals are not expressly mentioned as permissible items (or impermissible for that matter), the closest thing is a book "of at least 8 pages," which arguably could include a magazine, but the no advertising rule excludes advertising content which most magazines have.  

Presumably you can play Russian roulette with this, as the USPS has the right to open the box and inspect media mail, how often this happens in reality I don't know.  My PO guy says that if they gig you for the contents, the recipient gets the package with postage due and has to pay the extra difference for First Class, or they return to sender to pay the difference.

Link to Section 173.3.2
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks for the information. 

I'm open to offers if anyone is interested and I'll work with you on shipping to make it worthwhile. Presumably, the best deal is going to be buying as many magazines as will fit in a medium flat rate box...

Rick
(06-09-2017, 12:25 PM)therick34 Wrote: Thanks for the information. 

I'm open to offers if anyone is interested and I'll work with you on shipping to make it worthwhile. Presumably, the best deal is going to be buying as many magazines as will fit in a medium flat rate box...

Rick

Bingo.  that's the safest course.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis