The Yard Sale Rust Rabbit Hole - looking for a Stanley part
So, I was out this morning - the ad promised hand tools and "antique" tools.  Um, not many.  But I did find a late model Stanley No. 91 marking gauge, like this:
[Image: large1.jpg]
but missing one of the thumbscrews.  $1 wasn't bad, even missing a part.

Now, then; it's not like I'm lacking in marking gauges.  I have the one-rod No. 90 gauge, and use it fairly often; I've come to appreciate the all-metal gauges for a number of reasons, including their ability to mark a thin piece of stock flat on the bench (the fence on the single-rod models can be flipped so it's less than the thickness of a 3/4" piece of wood).  I have a Craftsman knock-off of the 90 (aluminum body, but otherwise identical).  I have plenty of wood gauges.  But I it'll niggle at me until I've spent more time fretting about it than I should.

The thumbscrew is in one of Stanley's non-modern-standard threads, No. 10-36 as best I can tell.  Any suggestions for an affordable solution are welcome.
Around here we have a store that sells all types, sizes and shapes of screws.  No matter if its 1/8" long or 8 inches long they have it in stock.  Maybe in your area there is a "Bolt and Screw Supply" store available?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Spring...94.1288141

816 W Randll Wobbe Ln, Springdale Ar.  72764
Thanks, Dayle.  Worth a try, but my experience has been that mostly those places deal in standard sizes, and not always, even, all of them.  I've been unable to find any No. 12 fine thread machine screws for years, even though the standard exists.
Fastenal is a nationwide storevof fasteners that may have/or able to locate one. A better chance is to contact Tony Seo on the "Old Tools List" and see what he has in his bag f tricks.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
If you can't source one from someone's scavenge parts, check out local places that offer machinist classes.  Perhaps you can find someone there to make you one.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

You MIGHT check and see IF the thumbscrews from a Stanley No. 45 would fit?  nhplaneparts sells those for the #45 and #55 planes...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I have a 91 in the boneyard that still has one thumbscrew.
If you want it, PM me.