Finished Walnut Buffet
Yes walnut again. Same tree as the walnut table i finished a few months ago. Wife wanted a buffet to go with the table so came up with a design she liked. Construction is web frame on interior with frame and panel exterior. I wanted to use very straight grain on all the rails, stiles, side panels and legs so they wouldn't compete with the figured wood on the drawers and doors. The legs are the same style as the ones i used on the walnut desk i made for my daughter. Back is also frame and panel. Fun project. The doors look like a different shade of color but it's not in person. Sorry for the poor pics. Next up is to make the 8 chairs for the table. That may take awhile to do. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
You have a gift for wood use. I think also not too bad as a woodworker. Extremely nice piece, congratulations.
Cool
Big Grin

Thanks for sharing.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Gorgeous! Totally
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool

Finish?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Beautiful wood, choice of wood, and craftsmanship.  Just beautiful.  The pulls, however, aren't in the same league as the piece they are mounted to and detract from it, IMHO.  

John
2 coats Dewaxed shellac seal coat then sanded with 320 grit then 3 coats waterlox then rubbed out with 0000 steel wool and wax. Took 3 hours to rub out as it has a lot of different levels. Nothing special using shellac it's just i can put 2 coats on then the first coat waterlox all in 1 night. BTW I hate rubbing out the finish but it makes the finish so nice when done.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Beautiful. I love nicely grained projects, and the straight grained contrasts nicely and really makes the piece shine.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Nice job!

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Another victory.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
WOW! very nice!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Magnificent! I appreciate the fact you made the back as nice as the front. How did you make your inset panels for the doors? Great work.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.