Closet pics
Hard to take decent pics in a skinny room... but here we are.  This was a perfectly functional but very basic, builder grade closet.  Low quality MDF, wood closet rods.  Remodel necessitated when I moved the dryer vent and it had to go right through the cubby shelf that used to be where the mirror is now.  Once I took that out, it seemed like a good time to just do the whole thing.  
Sarcasm   Under the shoe shelf is a removable box/cover that hides the dryer vent.  So basically, I added a 5 drawer chest on each side, some adjustable shelves on each side, and made everything deeper so the top shelf is more useful.  Used the better quality MDF (Home Depot) and poplar trim, all painted semigloss Navajo white.  Everbuilt white steel rod and brackets.  Doing it again, I'd use melamine instead of the MDF.  Anyway... nothin' fancy... but a decent amount of work involved.  Someone may recognize the box in the first picture... I bought that from a Woodnetter several years back.

[Image: closet1_zpsbjhzhfwr.jpg]

[Image: closet2_zpsqhsvogca.jpg]

[Image: closet3_zpskle4ucab.jpg]
Thanks for posting. That looks great.

Couple questions...
What are the materials. Panels, drawer fronts etc.
I love that door. Did it come with the house?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

That's the 'standard' door for new construction in these parts.  MDF skinned hollow core.  Sometimes they'll use the 'Santa Fe' style without the vertical embellishment.  I've painted all but two of the doors in the house (roller) and the vertical stuff complicates it, but I much prefer the look over the other.

Panels are 'better quality' MDF, including the drawers and fronts.  Poplar trim on the chests, hanging boxes, shelves.  I was going to use poplar for the drawers but happened to have enough MDF core veneer ply left over from something else that I figured I'd try it.  Worked fine, and I can always redo the drawers if necessary.  The MDF doesn't offend me this application.  Wouldn't do it in the kitchen.
(06-11-2017, 08:00 AM)KC Wrote: The MDF doesn't offend me this application.

Me neither, looks great.

I don't think I'll have the time to do our closet. Too much going on. That looks a ton nicer than what I've seen off the shelf.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Fantastic looking. I hope to something similar in the new place. IN this place, the master is double sliding doors and doesn't warrant such. The two other bedrooms have walk-ins and I've fitted each out with melamine shelving and cubbies. More utilitarian that what you have built, but darned useful.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Thank you.  Mrs KC is happy, and I guess that's what really matters.

The buy-in for this neighborhood (new construction) has gone up something on the order of $125,000 since we bought in 2011.  It blows my mind to walk through there and see the same crappy stuff in the closets and pantries as we got.
Looks great. LOML and I have talked about redoing our closet and I'm going to save these pics as reference for ideas.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Oops! Had to flip the screen off- the wife just walked by. If she sees those pics, she'll designate my winter project for me.
Smirk
in my case, we'd be looking at new houses.  No room in this one for big closets