Pvc pin pick leak
The short end of it is that in my basement I have a pvc 90 with one end leading onto the out feed that runs out to the shed in the yad. The other end of the 90 has a pin pick leak where apparently I did not get enough pvc cement applied or something.
Not much piping to work.with. I've heard of special drill fittings for my situation but not sure of best place to get one.
Can I apply heat to the fitting so it would meld the pin prink hole and seal it up?
Ray
Personally, I would cut the 90 out and redo the connection. If there is no play to deal with, you could use a compression coupling on one side and a regular slip coupling on the other. However, I don't see why two slip couplings and a new 90 wouldn't work. Use a cleaner and a primer before gluing and sand the joints lightly.
The pipe needs to be slipped in all the way into the fitting.
There's not much to play with on the 90 that turns into the wall so the compression coupling idea might work.
The union towards the wall doesn't have a leak.
It's the one that's parallel with the wall that has the leak. Not much play room to work that one either but easier than the other.
Is there a way to ream out the other end, that's parallel with the wall, and then do the joint over?

Bugs the s&%% out of me. I've had issues with soldering copper pipe before but never with pvc like this.
This project included soldering about a dozen copper joints and bonding just three pvc joints. Not a single problem with the soldered joints, but just the little pin prick leak on one pvc joint. Ugh!
Ray
I may have found a solution to my dilemma.
Seems to me that I can do this by cutting a section of slip on coupling and cement that into place in the same manner.
I'll just have to use a ring clamp to hold it in place.
Worth a shot anyway.
It's just a pin prick of a leak and if this doesn't work I've only lost 10 minutes of my time trying.

Here's the video.of the.actual product that gave me the idea.
https://youtu.be/qh9YxXRULFU
Ray
With that "leak be gone", it appears to use the glue as a leak stop. Keep an eye on it.
(06-11-2017, 10:48 AM)daddo Wrote: With that "leak be gone", it appears to use the glue as a leak stop.  Keep an eye on it.

Agree 100%   Hope it is an area that getting wet won't hurt.    It may take a while but I'll bet you will back to that spot.     Roly
Well I can't speak for the product, but my idea didn't work. It turned the needle sized spray into a slow drip, so it might work if done better but I only had one shot at it. Oh well. It was worth a try. I'll have to do.something else.
It's in the.laundry room right above a sink.
Ray
you need to replace the 90 and at least part of the plastic pipe slip couplings and your union are your best friends 

Once a pin hole starts in PVC there is little chance of salvaging the parts
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Is this PVC or CPVC? PVC PVC will eventually leak under pressure.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

The drill bit you're looking for is called a "fitting saver". The most common types are in the $10-$20 range, the "pro versions' are several times that. If you haven't already cut the fitting out, you might try this trick. You'll need (in order of appearance) PVC cement, a lighter, a medium size screwdriver and needle nose pliers. I normally cut the pipe about 1/4" from the fitting. (You'll have to cut it flush because of the attempted patch) Coat, only, the inside of the remaining pipe with PVC cement then light it on fire. When the pipe itself just starts to discolor and burn, blow it out. Immediately insert the screwdriver between the fitting and the pipe and push the pipe inward, now grab the pipe with the pliers and twist. The pipe should peel away from the inside of the fitting as you wrap it around the pliers. Note; if you don't get it off the pliers right away, it will come right off (in several pieces) with a big hammer!
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"