Lie Nielsen 4 1/2
Hello all ..... Not sure if this is SOP, but I'm ready to sell a very, very lightly used LN 4 1/2. There aren't any on eBay to get a price idea ..... Anyone willing to let me know what a fair price would be for this plane? Not looking to get top dollar, just a fair price for both parties. Thanks. Don
five to ten percent less than new
With all due respect, I think it will take 15-20% discount to sell a used LN plane.  Some models may bring less than that unless you go to EBay and count on selling it to someone outside of the US.  I also curious what others may think.  I'm not really a buyer or a seller of LN, at this point so I have no bias.  In case I do sell any I would like to know what the value of mine would be.

Edit: Pedder is speaking from the point of a buyer from outside of the U.S. The new LN planes are much more expensive there, so they are willing to pay more for used ones sold from EBay. My suggestion of discounts was directed at U.S. customers. There is a member here (Phillip?) who has sold quite a few LN's from estate purchases. His prices were in line with the levels I suggested.
If you click on the Sold Listings in the lower left hand side of eBay, you'll find all sorts of LN 4-1/2's that sold.  Here are a few prices they've sold for:

$300.56
$275.00
$310
$300
$300

So, it's looking more like a used 4 1/2 is going for about $300, which is only $25 less than new.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
You'll get more on ebay for sure, but my experience is similar to Mike's in non-online auction sales.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thank you gents! I have a pretty good idea what to ask. I won't sell it on eBay, and am more than willing to take less for someone here to get it.
I paid 270 shipped from a woodnetter a couple years ago. One of my favorite planes.
(06-12-2017, 09:46 PM)amtc Wrote: I paid 270 shipped from a woodnetter a couple years ago. One of my favorite planes.

That is exactly what I was thinking ... thanks ...... Don
I've bought a few used LN tools and sold just a couple. If it's very lightly used, I'd discount it 15 percent. That's on a site like woodnet. I might be wrong, but if I were looking for such a plane I'd be glad to get it for a 15 percent discount.