Need help with a Goodell-Pratt 494, please
I picked up a really nice old Goodell-pratt 494 lathe that came with a bunch of stuff I wasn't expecting. I knew there was an attachment to use it as as a metal lathe, but I didn't expect to be able to use it as as a scroll saw, buffing station attachment and more. Can anyone point me toward a manual or is there anyone here that has one and would be willing to answer some questions? Here are some pics of what I got and most of the components. Any information/advice will be appreciated.[Image: IMG_5109.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5108.jpg][Image: IMG_5115.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5111.jpg]
These next 2 pieces are parts that have stumped me. The bracket looks like it attached to the base of the fret saw configuration, but I have no idea why. The other appears to be some sort of blade guard?
[Image: IMG_5114.jpg]
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
It looks like you got a wonderful set up with all kinds of neat things.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Try over at http://www.owwm.org/

They might have some info.
Congrats on getting it!  It's a great find, especially with all the attachments that came with it.
Definitely go to OWWM and VintageMachinery.org.  I haven't looked but there may be some info on Goodell Pratt there.
Rodney