Would I enjoy a Worksharp 3000?
While I have never tried the WS, the LV powered sharpener is the cat's meow for my needs.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?p=48435
George - my WS table is ever so slightly different than a level stone. Practically, it means that I have to go all the way with the WS OR the stones. It really is an OR deal, can't do both. Can't adjust the table without a really big hammer so I leave well enough alone. Once an edge is ground to 1000 grit it takes a few strokes on the 1K stone and then about 3 or 4 strokes on the 6K and 13K stones. Agree that the WS can produce a beautiful mirror image. Gouges and other curved edges are another whole process with which I have not yet dealt. We'll see. I've acquired a few old gouges for the purpose of learning curved edge honing.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Curt is your table flat? Someone did a bunch of checking and determined theirs was nowhere near flat. Talked to WS folks, and they replaced the unit, and problem went away. I don't know how you would do with that if it's been in your hands a while though. You could call, worst thing they could do is cook ya and eat ya
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW