Hand tool FS: Yankee 2101A brace
This is a North Brothers/Stanley "Yankee" no 2101A 12 inch brace. it is clean and works well.
Here are the pictures:
[Image: SAM_0072_zpsoq5m49ko.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0074_zpscvedvgtk.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0076_zpsxi5xx646.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0077_zps1mutum7q.jpg]
It is marked "YANKEE" No 2101A 12 IN" on the upper arm, and  "YANKEE" No 2101A  NORTH BROS.MFG.CO./DIV. OF STANLEY TOOLS" on the end of the chuck.
Although this brace was made after Stanley acquired North Brothers, it has the oil holes for lubrication of the ratchet mechanism and the chuck. Later ones, especially those made for the Bell System, used grease for lubrication, and were supposed to be permanently lubricated.However, the grease solidified, leading to problems for later users.
Almost all the nickle plating is present. The pad and wrist are in good shape. There are a few minor rust spots, mostly on the chuck.
The ratchet mechanism works well. The chuck jaws open and close smoothly. However, if you try to take the shell of the chuck all the way off, it becomes very tight towards the top of the chuck. I did remove it to check the jaws, and I cleaned the threads, but it's still tight. It can still be removed by hand without any other tools.
I'm asking $45.00, including shipping in the cont. USA. I can take a check, a money order, or Paypal. If you're not happy with it, I'll refund your money, less return shipping, if returned within 7 days.
Thanks,
Rick