Checking a drill bit for warping
(06-16-2017, 12:51 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: You guys don't have a Woodpecker limited time only tool drill warpage plate - only $249 pre order only??

Mike once again you are too rich for me, thus I own nada WoodPecker, but I somehow manage to squeak by
Big Grin
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(06-16-2017, 07:38 PM)Steve N Wrote: Mike once again you are too rich for me, thus I own nada WoodPecker, but I somehow manage to squeak by
Big Grin  
Laugh  
Laugh

suffering  with whatever cast iron surface happens to be just good enough............ usually the table on the drill press is handy 

JMO
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(06-16-2017, 08:48 PM)JGrout Wrote: suffering  with whatever cast iron surface happens to be just good enough............ usually the table on the drill press is handy 

JMO

I know, it's almost like those drill press guys colluded with the drill bit guys, and wham, there we are rolling drill bits.....

GW
Reaming with laughter.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I put it in the drill press. If it wobbles, I use this method to chuck it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2YlWf3RYI
I really like William Ng. Up until then I though he was kinda dry
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Good one hairy
Big Grin

GW
One more thing I should add is I keep my finger on the bottom of the bit and roll it that way because it will pronounce the wobble better if there was any and just go the length of my finger.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.