under cabinet lighting rough wiring and setup
I am in the process of replacing counter tops and back splash.  The tile guy who will do the back splash plans on tearing out and replacing the backsplash drywall as it is covered in formica & glue.  When he does this I would like to do any rough wire I need to do for under cabinet lights.

Here is the current situation.  I have no outlets or switches in my back splash and will keep it that way.  I have existing 'wire mold' outlet strips under every cabinet section.  I have existing 'valance' under each cabinet section.  Cabinet sections are 'el' shaped along wall.   Main 'el' section is 7 ft.  I have two 26" cabinet sections that are 'disconnected' from the main 'el' section by sink and microwave.   So not a huge amount of lighting.   

This is what I am planning but can be easily swayed as long as it is 'simple' and not overly expensive.  

1.  home run rough wire some low voltage cable to each cabinet section from corner of 'el'.  What type of cable should I run while the drywall is removed?
2.  connect multiple sections of cable to some transformer.  type of transformer TBD?
3.  connect transformer to existing 'wire mold' either direct wire or plugin.  The 'el' has a TV that will block most any visuals of anything 'hanging' like a direct plug-in transformer.
4.  install low voltage under cabinet lighting in each section.  type of lights TBD?
5.  wire single switch under cabinet to control all lights, preferably dim-able.  remote would be OK too.    type of switch TBD?

I looked at ikea and am considering their under cabinet lighting, even if I were to eventually use theirs I would prefer to rough wire with generic cable that would give me the most flexibility.  Their lighting is not direct wire it has connectors that probably aren't 'generic' to other lighting systems.

any help/info/recommendations appreciated