Finished Project - QSWO Mission Style Media Cabinet
Finally finished this beast.  This is my biggest project yet.  When I started it 4 months ago, I had a lot of questions.  I came to the forum for help, and I appreciate all of the advise I got from you guys.  

There are nearly 80 mortise and tenons on this piece.  To start this project, I picked up a Powermatic mortiser, and wow was it awesome.  I used it to cut all the mortises on this piece.  Then about halfway, I picked up a Domino, and I used it for various things throughout to finish up, drawer construction, attaching the top, and various bracing inside the cabinet. It started as a sketch in a notebook and design changes happened along the way. I don't use sketchup, and I'm coming from a hand tool background so I couldn't even tell you the thickness of the parts, I just work to layout lines, faces, and shoulders marks.

Figuring out the drawers about did me in. Figuring out how to add the padding pieces on the inside to mount the drawer slides... blah.

The piece is all White oak, most of it quarter sawn.  The legs are 2.5" square.  All of the spindles are mortised into the rails.  The shelf is oak, the drawer boxes are maple, with an oak front.  Hardware is from Lee Valley.  Finish is:

Red Mahogany Dye
Arm-r-Seal Seal Coat
General Finishes Java Stain 
Arm-R-Seal Original finish.

My most ambitious project to date.  I am very proud of how it turned out; and couldn't have finished without the help from you guys in the various forums.  Thank you.

[Image: 2d78t3m.jpg]
[Image: 29nz6yw.jpg]

[Image: 2z5j23d.jpg]
Very nice work. Job well done

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Like that a lot, nice job!
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
That's a beautiful piece. Very nice work.
Well done! I see one piece of advice you took to heart was that every project deserves a new tool (or two).
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Looks great!  Now you can build the rest of the room around it.  Tables, seating, etc.
Yes
That turned out very nice.
Thanks guys... 

Winkgrin
Very nice work.
It's always nice when someone asks where you got something, after telling you how great it looks...
To dig a toe in the carpet, smile, and answer:
"That? I made that in the garage."
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very nice, through mortises look great.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.