Paper for Drum Sander
Any recommendations for drum sander paper?  I have worked through the excess rolls for the Supermax 19-38.  Are there "good" and "poor" sandpaper rolls or is this a generic "everything works" item?
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.
I get mine at Klingspor (http://www.woodworkingshop.com/abrasive-rolls/)
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
I use Mirka on my Woodmaster, has a good life, when it starts to load up, I'll change it, then powerwash to clean it, dry & re-use.

Ed
Ed whats the secret to pressure wash it? Clamp the strips?I use those blocks of rubber to clean them on the roll.

My last order was from Econabrasives but I want to try Mirka next time. I love abranet/autonet discs.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Industrial Abrasive
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I've found Klingspore products to work best and last the longest on my Delta drum sander.  And you want cloth, not paper. 

John
I'm really partial to the X weight Aluminum Oxide rolls found at the bottom of this page 50 yards of material for 55 or 60 bux a roll makes a lot of changes, and I've found this paper to outlast the stuff from Klingspor at least 1 1/2 x to 1, usually 2 to 1. Make absolutely sure to pick the X weight, don't go for the lower priced stuff. To tell the truth I've been so happy with the AO, I've never tried the Zirconia stuff.

I have a SuperMax 19/38, and over the stuff they market for up to 10 times the price it is far superior. Of course you have to cut your own lengths off the roll, but you could have a child do that part.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(06-17-2017, 08:30 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: I get mine at Klingspor (http://www.woodworkingshop.com/abrasive-rolls/)

+1
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-18-2017, 07:04 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Ed whats the secret to pressure wash it? Clamp the strips?I use those blocks of rubber to clean them on the roll.

My last order was from Econabrasives but I want to try Mirka next time. I love abranet/autonet discs.

I just lay them out on the concrete, put my foot on the end. Once it gets wet, it'll stay there.

Ed
I've been pretty happy with the products from Industrial Abrasives.