Retirement Trunk / Shadowbox
Hi,
This is my latest Project i finished. This trunk i made from european oak and american walnut.the joints are halfblind dovetails.The Box is oiled and waxed.
For more Pictures see my Webside :www.holzstuhl.de.tl
Questions about the trunk are welcome.Hope you enjoy watching my Projects

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting way to incorporate the shadow box into something useful. 
Cool
What keeps the items in the shadowbox from shifting all over as you raise, and lower the lid? Most of the ones I have seen rely on sitting on their bottom so nothing inside moves.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
To Steve N:
All Badges and Medals have Pins and we pushed them through the felt into White poplar plywood so they won´t fall down. at the wrench a friend weldet two locknuts and we screwed it on.the pencil is fitted with a thin copper wire for wich we drilled smal holes in.all other pieces are glued on .All works good and we fought gravity.

To KC:
A Friend who ordered the Trunk ,asked me if it was possible to make a trunk including a shadowbox.
Got it. Most of the ones I've seen were just carefully laid in, and if shaken quit looking so good. Moving and my Dad's needed to be redone, never thought to just weld everything in place. LOML had closed the pins, and sewed them onto the felt backer, but they even rocked around a little. Flag was the worst, she had tacked it on, but it's weight won out.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Always great to see something unique and original.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very impressive, I still have to build mine. The bar keeps getting higher.  I retired out of the AF Reserve with 30 + years.  Then I have to make my Father's for his Flag and items from his tour during WW II. Thanks for posting and Thank the Chief Master Sergent and the person who commissioned it for letting you post.  Dan