Festool Track Question
My plastic strip on my track needs to be replaced.  Any one have a cheaper alternative to the Festool strip or some alternative to use?  I thought about trying to use a piece of vinyl siding but was concerned about it cutting cleanly and not fracturing.  There surely has to be an inexpensive alternative.
I haven't looked around, just swallowed and bought the OEM stuff. One suggestion, anything vinyl (if it's thick enough) should work, but getting something to hold it to the track may be a challange. This stuff will hold it. I've used it on UHMW, and it will grip that stuff.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I wonder if the Dewalt, Makita, or Grizzly stuff would fit?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Is the strip coming loose? I have this problem. Next time I replace, I'll try a tip I heard of using clips to keep it in place when in storage

matt
(06-21-2017, 11:48 AM)mdhills Wrote: Is the strip coming loose?  I have this problem. Next time I replace, I'll try a tip I heard of using clips to keep it in place when in storage

matt

Exactly.  The strip came loose, I tried carpet tape to reapply it and while it worked for a while it is now loose again.
So you are saying it is falling off the bottom of the track? If so I'd be all over Festool about that. I have had 7 Dewalt track saws since they came out, and a few of them got used really hard, and never did I lose a strip, I've never heard of this before even with Festool, or Mikita. I'd say it was a junk run of the strips, and for paying the most of any of the track saws, you shouldn't also be penalized with fronting for their quality issues. Call tomorrow, and demand a replacement.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW