Turbinaire Spray system
About a month ago I posted here about needing a part for my cup and was able, thanks to you all, to locate the part.  I have noticed that the lining in side the cup is pealing off and being sprayed out. I have not been able to find any liners for the cup except at Harbor Freight.  Does anyone know where else I might get some?  Another question, can you buy just the cup to fit the gun part and where might I get the cup?

Thank you for you help,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
(06-21-2017, 10:29 AM)Herb Wrote: About a month ago I posted here about needing a part for my cup and was able, thanks to you all, to locate the part.  I have noticed that the lining in side the cup is pealing off and being sprayed out. I have not been able to find any liners for the cup except at Harbor Freight.  Does anyone know where else I might get some?  Another question, can you buy just the cup to fit the gun part and where might I get the cup?

Thank you for you help,

Have you tried doing anything to accelerate the removal of the lining?  Then just use the cup without the lining.  

Consider moving to the 3M system with its bladders?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
To answer you question, no I have not tried anything to remove the coating.  It has  been suggested to fill it full of lacquer thinner and let it sit a few days.  Is there something else that is better and faster I can use.  I am not aware of 3M's bladders.  Are they easy to locate.

Thank you for your reply,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
(06-21-2017, 04:23 PM)Herb Wrote: To answer you question, no I have not tried anything to remove the coating.  It has  been suggested to fill it full of lacquer thinner and let it sit a few days.  Is there something else that is better and faster I can use.  I am not aware of 3M's bladders.  Are they easy to locate.

Thank you for your reply,

3M, yes. Check with Jeff Jewitt at Homestead.
I did call and got a his voice message to refer to his ebay site.
Herb
It's called the PPS system, here's a link to the 3M info.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I 2nd the 3m system, best upgrade I ever made to my spray equipment. Makes life very easy and clean up a breeze.

I also like the fact that I can move the gun and spray in a 360 degree motion and it always has paint/dye/solution available to the gun.
(06-22-2017, 06:49 AM)Herb Wrote: I did call and got a his voice message to refer to his ebay site.

Yes, 3M PPS.  Couldn't remember the name and didn't feel like Googling...

As I understand things (and this is on my to-do list of upgrades) you pick out the right adapter gizmo for the thread type and lengths on the gun from 3M then add the cup (big or small) some liners and the lid and you are off to the races.

Jeff may be off on vacation or something.  I think he's a one-man shop.

A few people around here use the 3M and I've gotten to play with it once but just haven't converted my gun yet.  It is one of the tools I have on my "can justify" list for when I finally get around to the kitchen makeover.
Okay, I am going to ask a stupid question.  I do very little spraying, so I am not to sure of what you are referring to on PPS.  Is this only for a gravity gun or do they make it for a siphon feed gun.  I clicked the link called the number and was told the PPS is only for gravity feed.  If that is the case, I would need to buy a gravity feed gun. Is this correct?

Thank you,

Herb
Herb
No. I have the PPS systems on all my guns and I have a lot. Some of the best money I have ever spent on finishing equipment.

http://homesteadfinishingproducts.com/pr...iphon-pps/