Rockwell Model 14 Bandsaw
My neighbor has a Rockwell Model 14. Bandsaw he is wanting to sell.
It came from a small cabinet shop and has not run in 3 years. It looks to be in good condition a bit dusty from being stored in a wood shop.

is there anything that I'd want to check out before making an offer? And WHAT should I offer?
check the tires for checking and hard or brittle 

How is the motor mounted? make sure it is secure and not just flopping  about if under the saw using the belt to tension it. . 

table trunnions for cracks and or breaks

I have the same saw and would not hesitate to offer 350.00 if all the above checks out. Maybe 400 but it has to be in perfect shape for that and it is doubtful it is

less of course for issues , parts are getting harder to come by
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

My buddy's uncle got one he use very often, they are tough if well-maintained.
The basic machine is the standard later version (hinged doors) machine.  What distinguishes it at a "Model 14" is the elongated flared leg stand that had the motor and saw mounted on the same top surface.  The lower shelf is empty.  The switch was an entry-level switch and often the motors were not very powerful.  It was sort of an entry level priced version of a very good saw.  A better motor and stand will enhance that saw greatly.  A friend had one and swapped out the original motor with a Baldor 1 HP motor but he didn't get a different stand.  He had problems opening the bottom door enough even to change blades.  Installing tat saw on an older flared legged stand will enhance stability plus reduce the footprint because the motor is under the saw.

If you don't have a good 14" bandsaw, this one would be a good start.
This saw has the 1/2 hp motor. Serial number starts with 83. Would that be the year made?

I started it up today and it ran nice and smooth. Made a small cut in 5/4" SYP and it could probably use a new blade.
The miter gauge is a Craftsman.
I wouldn't mind having it but I really don't have the use or room for it now. So it will likely go on CL once I figure a price.
You probably wouldn't notice much difference between the rockwell and the earlier central machinery bandsaw. The CM has a 1 hp motor and some parts are exchangeable.