Impact Driver?
When you go shopping be aware some manufacturers only include 1 battery in the "kit". 

This was true of both Milwaukee M12 and Makita kits that I looked at the other day.

Personally, I think its kind of a bait and switch deal.  Who sells a cordless kit with 1 battery?

I ended up buying the Ryobi 18V.  So far it seems pretty good.
Home Depot is very good at having their own special model number too, at least with DeWalt, it has smaller batteries and a higher price than on-line sellers.

Ed
Ed, are you saying that HD has different model #s in-store than their online site and also different #s for other brands (Rigid, Bosch, Milwaukee, etc)? I haven't been able to get to HD yet and just started trying to compare brands on Amazon. That could make it difficult to decide on the best source.

Jerry
(06-27-2017, 03:32 PM)budglo Wrote: Ed, are you saying that HD has different model #s in-store than their online site and also different #s for other brands (Rigid, Bosch, Milwaukee, etc)? I haven't been able to get to HD yet and just started trying to compare brands on Amazon. That could make it difficult to decide on the best source.

Jerry

No, they are the same, online & in store, not all are different from other on-line sellers.

Case in point, I needed a recip. saw, I use DeWalt 20v max. Was headed to HD for something, wanted to play touchy-feely with the compact recip. saw before buying, the HD version came with a 2 amp/hr battery, ALL the other vendors had a 5 amp/hr battery and were cheaper.

The HD version wasn't shown on DeWalts website......all I'm saying is do your homework when buying from HD. While it's doubtfull the tool will be different, it's easy for HD to request smaller batteries (cheaper), with the volume they purchase.

I've found the best pricing on Amazon or ACME, for most of my cordless purchases.

Ed
Another thing to remember, is that some kits come with low ah batteries.
The 12 volt Rigid combo kit, comes with a 2 ah, & a 4 ah battery. Both with free replacements of course.
If interested in a 12 volt combo kit, try the Rigid at HD. They have a great return policy. Bet you don't return it.
I bought the DeWalt 20V combo kit a couple of years ago for a deck rebuild.  I never realized how useful that impact driver is until I had one.  You can catch them on sale once in a while.  I'm sure other brands are just as good.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(06-27-2017, 03:32 PM)budglo Wrote: Ed, are you saying that HD has different model #s in-store than their online site and also different #s for other brands (Rigid, Bosch, Milwaukee, etc)? I haven't been able to get to HD yet and just started trying to compare brands on Amazon. That could make it difficult to decide on the best source.

Jerry

Caveat emptor
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You will never go without am impact driver once you have one.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.