Anybody use Narex Japanese style dovetail chisels?
Try to AI "roundbacks", same great AI steel, and really nice for cleaning up DT's.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(06-25-2017, 09:43 AM)JSpill Wrote: I've never used Japanese chisels.These seem like a good way to get started. They are available at Highland Woodworking. Infinity Tools sell a set of three 1/4", 1/2",3/4" for about $90.00. They are also available at Amazon. I know high quality Japanese chisels cost much more. Narex has developed a good reputation for decent chisels at a moderate cost. I'm wondering if anyone here has used these Narex Japanese style dovetail chisels and what they think of them.

So... it's been awhile... which set did you buy and how are they doing????

I have a set of the Narex bench chisels and the quality does match the price, but next time I'm gonna save money somewhere else and buy good steel.  It mite be less expensive old steel, but good...
Skip

I did not buy the Narex chisels. I think I am going to try Tony's suggestion to try the Asley Iles roundback chisels. I have two AI chisels and like them a lot. The problem is they are hard to get. I only know of two stores in the USA that sell them-- The Best Things and Tools for Working Wood. Unfortunately each store has only very limited sizes available unless you buy an entire set. If anyone knows of other places that sell AI chisels I would like to find out where I could get them.