Next Project
Have gotten the stash all nicely planed down to what I need it to be..

Took awhile with the old Delta..

Been informed that  I have both some Curly Maple  AND some Curly ( Flame) Cherry.     I also have a bit of Poplar in the stash...

Got back home, five trips to unload the boards...just before a BIG thunderstorm arrived...

Need to sort through the stacks, and see which go with the desk build, and which are for other things.

I had one board that did not fit the old Delta....13-1/4" wide by 5/4...was a bit too much..
Uhoh

Wonder how my friend intends to plane a slab he has..

8/4 White Oak.    He might need a bigger planer...
Rolleyes

Project is similar to one Underhill did a few seasons ago..Rachel's Standing Desk.....except Roy used Pine.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Sorry. I'm here now. Ran outa popcorn.
Winkgrin 

Now. I don't see no beader tool. You did beads. Gotta see the tool you used.....
Big Grin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Beader tool..
Cool

Used a few other planes today, though..
Yes

Had a few edges to joint.   Lid has now been glued up..

Laid out a few other parts..

As I needed to get a few lengths measured up....might have to use the old Langdon to do the crosscuttin..
Rolleyes

Once this one is cut to length, and the bench is cleaned off, I might try to make some dovetails...
Rolleyes

Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

One corner has it's dovetails done...

There was a saw involved..

And the usual suspects of chisels, squares and a knife.....kind of a group effort...
Winkgrin

One corner done, three to go...
Winkgrin
You have the craziest things in your shop. May not tickle your brain cells, but do I see a chainsaw performing bandsaw duties; in the background? And, those dovetail pins..... Is there a Lilliputian chopping the end grain? 

Now, sloooowww downnnnnnnnnn..... Enjoy picking chips off wood ... after spending the day doing crazy sharp honing. 

Wow! Fast!
Winkgrin
The "chainsaw" powering the bandsaw is just a beltsander.   It seemed to find a place to sit out of my way, yet still be handy
Yes

The end grain on these boards turn a Chocolate colour when ever I  use a saw fast enough to burn the wood......Maple, and Cherry seem to be very good at getting burn marks...
Angry

Trying to get enough Gumption to motor down to the shop this morning.....maybe I can try to get something done...
Rolleyes

Just a beltsander..
Raised

That I use for sharpening, along with these two items..
Yes

Usual suspects..
Uhoh

BTW...Corner #2 is done, except for the fine tuning..
Winkgrin

Taking a Lunch Break.....maybe after the Laundry room is now longer being used, I might sneak back down there?
Rolleyes
All four corners are now dovetailed..

This is #4.....#3 wasn't playing very nice..

But, I think I can fix it....

Dry fit to check for square..

Set this aside, got out a box..

As I needed to reset a plane..

Have a bunch of grooves to cut.   Changed out the #23 bead cutter, for a #12 straight cutter.    Grooves are to be 1/4" wide, maybe 3/8" deep,and set in from the edge by about..1/4" or so. 

Maybe tomorrow, I can try to get something done.....maybe?
Grooves are done..

had to go and load a wider cutter...problem with the skates not closing up...
No

Planed done some Poplar

So it would fit IN the grooves a bit better.    Riff cut,  needed the thicker side thinned down to match the thin side..

Then fought with the bottle of glue and a horde of clamps...

Now I get to sit here, rest the knee, and pick dried glue off of every fingertip....
Rolleyes

Will need to make a filler strip, to support the middle of the bottom panel..

And close the gap.

Stay tuned....getting closer to the finish line...
Winkgrin

Cool
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020