table top fix
I am finally getting around to fixing the table top I made earlier this year. The problem is the finish was too thin and did not spray well on the vertical surfaces. I am sanding the rough areas smooth then plan on wiping on a coat. My wiping technique has never been that good which is why I try to spray when I can. The top is 54" wide so I don't want to try wiping the whole top. I was wondering if I will get witness marks it I only wipe the edge? I do have to come around the round over just a little. Should I mask off at teh joint of the boarder and teh field?

[Image: Table.jpg]
What finish are you using?   I would take the top off the base and spray the whole thing again.  

John
John,
This is the bad lot of EnduroVar that I got. I never got a satisfactory resolution. Your response did remind me of one other option to spray the whole top again and use a satrurated rag to wipe the edges to get a thin even coat.