This is for Jack the the rest looking for Pencils
These look like they are some premium type of pencils that will not break or sharpen badly

Bx/12 Palomino Blackwing 73 Pencils, Ltd Edition, Lake Tahoe  $24.95

http://www.ipenstore.com/bx-12-palomino-...22c027dc81

$2 each but  they seem really good.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have some of those pencils.  I wouldn't say the leads don't break, but they write very dark and very smoothly, and they are more sturdy than most leads.  The erasers can be replaced, and even extended, but they dry out quickly and just smear things when they dry out.  IMO, there is no better pencil made than the Blackwing 602.  That said, I don't think it's the best for general shop work.  My preference for shop work is a mechanical pencil.  Never needs sharpening, and the leads can be replaced easily.  If you can find a 0.3mm mechanical pencil, those will mark your scribed line better than a 0.5mm or 0.7mm pencil.  The smaller diameter pencil can get deeper into the groove left behind from your marking tool and thus leaves a darker line.  If you're not into mechanical pencils, my favorite is the General Semi-Hex.  They are really nice pencils and a cut above the venerable Dixon Ticonderogas, which are now made in Mexico.  Generals are made in the USA.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Allan

I am the 1.0 mm guy I brake anything else smaller
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(06-30-2017, 06:14 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Allan

I am the 1.0 mm guy I brake anything else smaller
Yes

Yah, Allan, how can you use a .3 in a wood shop? I probably made projectiles of 30% of my .5mm leads, and; 80% of .3mm lead while working on vellum and film. 

There's a certain satisfaction from sharpening a knife and using it to point pencil leads.. If that bores you grab some old 100 grit paper.
(06-30-2017, 09:28 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Yah, Allan, how can you use a .3 in a wood shop? I probably made projectiles of 30% of my .5mm leads, and; 80% of .3mm lead while working on vellum and film. 

I don't project too much lead from the tube, and I don't press too hard, so they work just fine.  At least for me.  YMMV.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
That is why they make wooden pencils for us heavy handed guys.
Yes
Laugh

(07-01-2017, 11:28 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That is why they make wooden pencils for us heavy handed guys.
Yes
Laugh

Darn tootin  
Yes  
Yes  
Big Grin

[Image: PROPENCIL50_1.jpg]

Actually I use a mechanical pencil, bought a box of 10? 12? years ago, they are still using the original leads, I don't extend them very far, and they just don't break. No name for sure, couldn't begin to tell you the lead size, but it is smaller than in a #2.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I got this mechanical pencil 1.0 at Ebay and it has a sharpener so I can get the lead to a nice point.  It also at the time came with a tube of lead of 12 ea

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autopoint-All-Am...SwmCVZAN~n

When working on the Buster Steps I did better than I expected using Steve's carpenter's pencil. As long as there is a sharp chisel edge, it's accurate. When I was laying out the pieces on the back board, I needed the .5 mm points. But, until a work routine is established in my floating shop, any pencil in a pocket is a potential deep tattoo needle.
My wifes Grandmother sat on a knitting needle once.  uuuuuh