Brad Point Drill Bits
I'm looking at a set of Brad point bits from Peachtree made by Fulton.  Anybody have any experience with these bits?  Good or bad?

Thanks
George
George I have never seen those bits. However I have seen that metal box. The new ones at Harbor Freight have a slightly different box now. Essentially they are in 2 boxes, the 29 bit set where they are getting a dollar a drill, and the 100 box where they are 50 cents a drill. Brad Point and Forstners leave much better holes for uniformity, and clean edges when you step up to a better grade of bits. Sure those will poke a few holes, before they won't anymore, but they are liable to be pretty rag tag looking ones.

Peachtree page, scroll about 1/2 way down.

HF's new 29 bit case

52 bux gets a nice set of 12 @ Lee Valley I personally am not much for sets, you'll get a few sizes in 20 years you may not touch. Instead I like to buy as I go, and get just the sizes I want/need. If you go to hand tool section, they report regularly every time Rob at LV offers free shipping, so buying piecemeal isn't a bad thing if you don't have to pay for S&H every time.

Colt makes a prety good bit

I personally like the Fisch brand the best, reallllllly nice products

Both the Colt, and the Fisch brands are available at locations other than Amazoo. I used their links because as you grow your bit collection, you can couple them up with other handy little items, and again don't have to pay excessive S&H fees each time. Hit that magic 35 bux, and you are in free S&H land.
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I agree with Steve,I am not much for sets,but buy as I need from Lee Valley.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I have a boxed set similar to the photograph
I will not be buying another one. The Brad points seem of, but the twist drills are junk. I got it cheap, I think from Rockler. It was over priced

Fulton sounds too close to Fuller, which does make great bits.  I'd be a little skeptical they are high quality bits.  Lee Valley's HSS brad point bits are fantastic.  I have their set.  As far as bits go, you really do get what you pay for.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Lokks exactly like the metric set I bought at Woodcraft, Woodriver brand. They are ok, I bought the set when it was on sale, real cheap. I have used them on occasion, they cut well.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Brad or pilot tip bits are too hard to sharpen. I prefer a good set of standard bits and drill a pilot hole using a centering bit.

I have one 7mm brad point- it did do very well until it dulled.
I have picked up several small sets of Montana Brad points that have done very well for me.  https://www.montanabrandtools.com/produc...-drill-set   Good prices on the set from Menard's. My main set is a box I got from Rockler. I use them mainly for my doweling jigs.  Dan
I've had several sets of brad point bits over the years. None came close to Lee Valley's premium brad points. LV's are expensive, but if you buy them one or two at a time as you need them, it doesn't take long to complete a "set." I bought a metal drill index box from MSC Industrial Supply to keep mine in and use them only for precise drilling in hardwoods. I have bunches of "every-day" bits I use for punching every-day holes in stuff. If you're looking for utility bits, buy the set. If you're looking for top quality bits, buy the Lee Valley premium brad points.
Thanks everyone. I'm in need of several smaller bits in 1/64" increments. I'll check out Lee Valley and see what they have.
George