Nova G3 Chuck On Sale At Woodcraft
149.00 for a package that includes the chuck, the normal jaws, pin jaws, mini cole jaws and a worm screw. The adapter for the late spindle is sold separately. Even if all you are interested in is the chuck, it's not a bad deal. Call your local store before you show up, according to mine it's leftovers from Christmas, when I went they only had 3 left.
I bought one of the last ones made in New Zealand,only reason I bought it was because of the dovetail ring for turning bowls.Basically it is a piece of crap,very difficult to insert the key for tightening the jaws,would never buy another,will stick with Oneway

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I already have it's cousin, a Super Nova, and I've never had problems with it. I like it more than whatever chuck my dad has that requires 2 hands for the two rods for loosening/tightening. It makes it tough to hold a piece in the chuck and tighten at the same time.
(07-10-2017, 07:35 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I already have it's cousin, a Super Nova, and I've never had problems with it.   I like it more than whatever chuck my dad has that requires 2 hands for the two rods for loosening/tightening.  It makes it tough to hold a piece in the chuck and tighten at the same time.

Contrary to popular belief, you are not supposed to use 2 hands to squeeze the jimmy bars on the Nova Precision chuck (or other chucks that use the 2 bars to tighten or loosen). You treat the 2 bars like the 2 handles on a pair of pliers.

One gets the chuck jaw spacing close to where you want them. Then one rotates the drive spindle so that 2 appropriately spaced holes for the bars are on the upper side of the chuck. Then you insert the bars into that pair of holes. Use one hand to control the bars while the other hand puts the piece into/onto the jaws. Then squeeze the bars just like a pair of pliers to tighten the chuck. Once it is snugged up, you can pick a different pair of holes (if necessary) to tighten the chuck further.

When it is time to remove the piece from the chuck, position a pair of holes at the top that will loosen the work piece and insert the bars. Again, one hand to squeeze like pliers and one to hold the work piece.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.