Strange ras blade Shop made?
I would like to see this one in action! 
In this Wally Kunkel video on making mouldings, there some shots of a blade on a ras, that looked like an 8" lawnmower blade, with each end twisted 90 degrees, and a cove profile on the ends. looks as thick as a lawnmower blade.
It's at about 1:07 of the 2:41 video.  It's worth watching the whole video.
Any info on the blade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPIFwlvw...e=youtu.be
Early renditions  of the one and three knife molding heads. 

scary dangerous in the wrong hands. 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

That would pucker your sphincter. I see Wally as one of the great craftsmen of the day (and truly skilled with an RAS), so I mean no disrespect...but he did things on the RAS that would have been better done on other tools. Kinda like the Rosendahl's (Router Workshop), they did things on a RT that would have best been done on a different tool.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-11-2017, 12:06 PM)fredhargis Wrote: That would pucker your sphincter. I see Wally as one of the great craftsmen of the day (and truly skilled with an RAS), so I mean no disrespect...but he did things on the RAS that would have been better done on other tools. Kinda like the Rosendahl's (Router Workshop), they did things on a RT that would have best been done on a different tool.

I really used to love watching the Router Workshop and I wish they had DVDs so I can learn more on using routers.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
A two bladed impeller doubling as an impaler?  That would make Red Green proud.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(07-11-2017, 11:26 AM)Pirate3 Wrote: I would like to see this one in action! 
In this Wally Kunkel video on making mouldings, there some shots of a blade on a ras, that looked like an 8" lawnmower blade, with each end twisted 90 degrees, and a cove profile on the ends. looks as thick as a lawnmower blade.
It's at about 1:07 of the 2:41 video.  It's worth watching the whole video.
Any info on the blade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPIFwlvw...e=youtu.be
Those aren't blades, they are moulding knives.  You see them come up for sale occassionally on the 'bay.  As others have mentioned, a moulding head would be a safer alternative.  If you go over to vintage machinery's website and pull up vintage DeWalt catalogs, they show these moulding knives there.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
If it worked as good as a 1 knife moulding head, I would use it.
A. Eastman: some  "Router Workshop" DVDs still might be available. See: http://www.oak-park.com/store-rws.php
(07-20-2017, 10:13 AM)Pirate3 Wrote: If it worked as good as a 1 knife moulding head, I would use it.

they kinda work. 

problem is getting them equally sharp on both ends with little to reference but the arbor hole
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy