Posting Photos
Hurrah! Let's see if this works!
I don't understand why anyone uses a host site. As mentioned why not go directly from a mobile device or desktop?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
A little heads-up form Photobucket before they trashed every photo post I've ever made here and elsewhere would've been nice.
(07-18-2017, 05:40 PM)bandit571 Wrote: And why would you NEED the hosting service, in the first place?

I go right to the bottom of this page, click on "New Attachment" button that says Browse.   Then after selecting a photo from my computer's  store of pictures, I hit "Add attachment"  then move that into the  post.

By hitting "insert into post"  button.

(07-19-2017, 06:44 AM)Scott W Wrote: I don't understand why anyone uses a host site. As mentioned why not go directly from a mobile device or desktop?

Because, before the software change here, you could *not* post pictures here directly.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Scott W
[quote pid='7496932' dateline='1500464699']
I don't understand why anyone uses a host site. As mentioned why not go directly from a mobile device or desktop?
[/quote]

Prior to the software upgrade, WoodNet only allowed posting of pics that essentially linked to a third party hosting service.  You didn't actually attach an image, you pasted in a link to an image.  It was impossible to link to your desktop or mobile device, since there's no http address to your device.  I still don't think it's possible to paste in an image directly.  The "Insert an Image" icon brings up a box where you still must post a link to your image.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Let me try from my computer.....

[attachment=3304]

I think it works. Follow Bandit's directions....[Hope Woodnet does not kill this new feature discovery.... We will suck up a lot of memory.]
(07-19-2017, 09:55 AM)AHill Wrote: Scott W
[quote pid='7496932' dateline='1500464699']

Prior to the software upgrade, WoodNet only allowed posting of pics that essentially linked to a third party hosting service.  You didn't actually attach an image, you pasted in a link to an image.  It was impossible to link to your desktop or mobile device, since there's no http address to your device.  I still don't think it's possible to paste in an image directly.  The "Insert an Image" icon brings up a box where you still must post a link to your image.
[/quote]

The attachment method also has a limitation on file size (in the low Megabytes I believe).  

Using a hosting site such as Flickr, no such issue.  So I can leave my photos in their original size / resolution.  Then either allow Flickr to re-size for display or use the newly added re-size feature on the "Insert an Image" button.

May or may not be an issue for many, but another benefit to using the hosting method is people such as Derek Cohen who post build-alongs to multiple sites can generally get away with some level of cut-and-paste to post and so automate the process a bit.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
For quick posting I use "Imgur".
To those that said you could not before the change attached directly from your device... I realize that. But you can now. I should have been clearer I should have said why would you not now do it.

It's so much easier and quicker, you just have to resize them at least I do to fit.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
I make my own "albums"  on my computer...I control the size and content, that way.
Yes   Besides, it is FREE,  and I'm cheap.
Winkgrin

My camera in use at the moment, takes too large of a picture for most of the sites I haunt..
Wink so I wind up hitting the "Resize" button when working on the albums. 

3.5meg  is a bit TOO large, anyway...
No
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that