Need saws advice for pre sale
Question 
I have been buying old saws for many years as well as lots of old tools. I may have a extreme large number of items. They are random but mostly "good choiced".
So I have hired and estate group to sell almost everything. I purchased a new home and new furniture and moved. 
Thus, there will be some huge sales there.  lots of tools
I would inquire here for advice on how the estate group should proceed to price this saw collection. 
I am going to be putting some tools up here as well but the volume of saws is too huge to post up here. 
Some from here have visited me already and made some purchases. 
I still have the unisaw and the Belsaw planer I advertised here. The large joner is gone. Thanks for all the advice and help.
Any advice is welcome about value and pricing on all the tools. I am behind the times. I know cheap for buying but now I am selling
Have you seen the sheer gobs of tools some of these guys have around here? Post everything up and have at it.

carl
You will not get value at estate sales, buyers at sales are cheap, expect average of $5 each, maybe $7, they are bulk buyers. I'd say pick out the choice ones and post here, I.e., Disston 10s, 12s, etc. also back saws will do good here.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(07-20-2017, 06:13 PM)Admiral Wrote: You will not get value at estate sales, buyers at sales are cheap, expect average of $5 each, maybe $7, they are bulk buyers. I'd say pick out the choice ones and post here, I.e., Disston 10s, 12s, etc. also back saws will do good here.
I agree with Rich..many estate sale buyers are planning to re-sell it so they won't pay much.. Go for the buyers that are also users.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack

I am still looking for a few user saws for us.  A crosscut and rip saw and maybe one for my grandson.  PM me if you wish to come over with a few.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Agree with Admiral - the number of folks that are interested in handsaws is relatively small and those coming to estate sales are looking for a bargain.  Tough to sell them like that.

If selling in lots on eBay or elsewhere, you can possibly get decent boxes at a floral shop.  When I moved a few years ago, I got a bunch of them to store my saw "collection" away and could get about 10 in a box.  During all of that, I thinned some of the mistakes out and sold them off but same as above, selling in groups of 5 or so, I was maybe getting $2-3 a piece at best.  Mind you, they weren't anything special re: make/model or were in need of much work to put them back into service.

Good luck with the sale!
Andrew
Arlin 

PM me your phone. I will be happy to help you out. Will give you details. My estate lady will be able to do a video conference for you and then if you could have someone pick up the items. Saws and hardwood tools and misc items. They are doing a sale of many items Friday afternoon 3-7 and all day Saturday there are lots of saws and tools. It is at 87th & Pacific by Westside high school. I will not be there but she will take care of it for me.

Best regards,

Jack
You say an Estate group. Is this a company that comes in and sells everything off?
yes it is
I sent you a PM and also just noticed that you said you were moving.  Still in town or out of state?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.