Any one have epoxy table top finish thoughts and tips?
I bought a table top made from reclaimed chestnut.  It has a lot of defects and I'm thinking about doing an epoxy finish top coat.  What are some recommended brands?  Does anyone have any tips to follow or pitfalls to avoid?
I've seen bar tops done in this stuff.  It is thick and looks a bit plasticy.  It is very scratch resistant and epoxy is highly chemical resistant.

I saw one bar top with adhesion issues and the stuff was peeling off.  

The ones I've seen are poured finishes.  I have not seen a brushed finish.  Home Depot and Lowes carries the stuff in 1 gallon cans.  It is expensive.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks
(07-24-2017, 07:49 PM)badwhiskey Wrote: I bought a table top made from reclaimed chestnut.  It has a lot of defects and I'm thinking about doing an epoxy finish top coat.  What are some recommended brands?  Does anyone have any tips to follow or pitfalls to avoid?

stone coat countertops dot com. Epoxy is expensive anywhere, and they look to be on the high end of the price scale. But it seems to be good stuff. I just spent about 3 hours last night watching their youtube videos, which I highly recommend regardless of whether you actually buy your epoxy from them.

Try to find the newer videos, and avoid the older ones; the sound is truly terrible in the older ones.

I'm planning to get into epoxy finishes in a big way for the next year or so. Goal right now is to do two a month for the foreseeable future.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
If you are going into it in a "big way" this site purports to sell wholesale:

http://www.bestbartopepoxy.com/bartop-finish/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks. I have bought the epoxy now. I have watched some of stone coatings videos.