DeWalt
I just got a survey from DeWalt that was all about Craftsman tools.  Is that a sign that they are going to take over the Craftsman name.
I'm sure it's for sale.  Didn't they already make Black & Decker into their cheap brand though?
Guys, it's hard to keep up without a scorecard but what I remember is that Stanley/BD bought Dewalt/PC and later bought the Craftsman name. Somewhere in there (I think) they owned Delta and sold it off to the Chinese. At least that's what i think happened. However it got there, Dewalt/B&D/Craftsman/PC are all under one corp. umbrella already.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fred, add Bostitch to your list......

Ed
Black and Decker bought DeWalt in the late '50 or very early '60s. The builder of RAS .Well B/D had an acceptable line of industrial tools, but most B/D tools were consumer junk. They dusted off the DeWalt name and the tools went from dark grey to yellow, a lot of times the same tool. B/D and Stanley merged. Stanley had purchased Proto from IR a while back. Sears is bellying up, so they sell the Craftsman brand.

Of greater note, Seimens ,Bosch brand, has sold Skil off to the Chinese after ruining that brand.
A man of foolish pursuits
(07-26-2017, 12:20 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: Of greater note, Seimens ,Bosch brand, has sold Skil off to the Chinese after ruining that brand.

Well, do you happen to know who is making the worm drive saws under the "SkilSaw" name then?  

https://www.skilsaw.com/
I had a shop full of DeWalley hand tools for a lot of years when 18v XRP ruled the earth. That ship sailed a long time back, and they left all of us owners high, and dry with no entrance upgrade to Lithium. I said goodbye, and now wouldn't even look at any of that companies junk. Either Milwaukee, or Bosch gets my $$$$$$$.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6fJ8xFDYSM
A man of foolish pursuits
(07-28-2017, 01:40 PM)Steve N Wrote: I had a shop full of DeWalley hand tools for a lot of years when 18v XRP ruled the earth. That ship sailed a long time back, and they left all of us owners high, and dry with no entrance upgrade to Lithium. I said goodbye, and now wouldn't even look at any of that companies junk. Either Milwaukee, or Bosch gets my $$$$$$$.

I have lithium replacement batteries for my 18V XRP tools. Bought them at HD during one of their Dewalt sales.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Ivan I've never seen them, anywhere. Have a link to them?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW