Stick out like a...
X-rays on the thumb today....thumb looks to be healed up.    Been in that splint so long, NOW I need to use the thumb to get it to bend....rather stiff, right now
Cool 

Dovetails were completed on second drawer today. 
Winkgrin

Drawer #1 was cleaned  up..

Grooves for the drawer's bottom were milled

used the mitre box to make a few dados....saw the walls, then just a chisel to pop the waste out..

Got a back cut to size, and the bottom...

Then spread some Elmer's around, and clamped it all together...6 clamps needed.
Raised

Got started on drawer #2.....grooves milled, dado done.   Need to make a back and the bottom...and wait on the clamps to get done on #1 drawer....Suppertime!
Winkgrin   That will do it for one day...stay tuned...no longer moving at the speed of smell
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Got a few things done before Lunch.....drawer #1 is out of the clamps ( soon to be renamed Rogue 1...
Angry pita)

Has a bad corner to be fixed.   Cleaned the rest of the drawer up, marked a center point in the drawer front, and drilled a pilot hole..

Installed a knob, and stashed the drawer away, for now..

Got the parts  for drawer 2 made up, added some glue and clamps..

And stashed it out of the way....cleared the bench, and laid out for more pins to be sawn and chopped..

Which can wait until after supper
Rolleyes
Winkgrin

Hope Drawer 3 is a bit better behaved
Rolleyes

Stay tuned.....
Cool
#3 Drawer has been dovetailed up

And stashed out of the way

Drawer #2 has had the clamps removed, sides cleaned up

And it'd knob attached....maybe later today, I can get #3 into the clamps...and start on Drawer #4?

stay tuned
Winkgrin
Drawer #3 is now in the clamps..

Took a while to plough some grooves and cut two dados..

Cut a plywood panel for the bottom....checked for square..

Only to find out they were both a 1/4" too long
Upset  Found this out, while spreading glue around and trying to add clamps...
Uhoh 

This was the "good" dado...the other lost a bit out the back....compost happens
Rolleyes

Stay tuned..BRB
Winkgrin
Ok, once that drawer was IN the clamps, and out of my way....I went about getting the next two sides to match each other

Had to joint an edge, until they were both the same width...Then worked on the drawer front..

jointed one edge, as it had a curve to it....measured to match the opening..

Bandsaw to remove that much?  Needed the Stanley #5-1/2 again..

To remove the saw marks and straighten the cut, was a tad wavy...
Rolleyes

Figured out which face to call the outside of the drawer....stood the blank up in the vise.    I had marked which was top, bottom and marked it for "Inside"  Then laid out a few pins..

Hmmm, methinks this MIGHT be a challenge to do...Stay tuned
Winkgrin
(08-17-2017, 03:49 PM)bandit571 Wrote: This was the "good" dado...the other lost a bit out the back....compost happens
Rolleyes

Uummm yea.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Latest glue up is out of the clamps...will finish it up Thursday morning...had to mow the yards tonight,
Angry a bit too tired to play in the shop, right now.
No   Maybe later I can get a few things done? Like dovetails, grooves, dados....and clean up a drawer and add a pair of knobs to it?
Confused

Have all day...I think.
Winkgrin .stay tuned
Bad part of being retired...I lose track of what day it is...
Rolleyes 

Drawer #4 was.."FUN" to do..at least on one end..

The other end was a breeze to do.   Used these "pins" to layout the tails.   Bandsaw to cut on the waste side, chisels to remove the waste..

Set Drawer #4's three sides in their new home..

Then cleaned the joints on Drawer #3..

Added screws to the bottom, to prevent saggy bottoms..
Uhoh  

Once I had two holes for the knobs lined up with the two above, I could add two more knobs..

I'm slowly getting a handle on this sort of thing. 

Need to cut a 4' x 4' plywood panel down to make a back for the case....then what is left will, hopefully, do the two remaining drawer bottoms.....Have already marked a Poplar plank to make the back of Drawer #4....maybe later, I can get a few things done?  Stay tuned
Don't you wish that screws fixed all of the world's saggy problems?
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nah...too many wandering around with a screw loose
Winkgrin 

Ok, no pictures this time....wasn't doing too much, I thought
Uhoh 

Went to the shop, just to get a couple measurements......to be ready to cut a back for the case.....when the dust and debris cleared
Upset 

Cordless circular saw, plywood panel sitting on a roll-around cooler on the patio, Finally got the needed panel cut..almost to size.   Fought getting the "remains" back into the house, and about tossed the panel for the case down the steps to the shop...yep..was one of them days
Upset  Dry fit to check the size, bandsaw to trim the 1/8" off one side, little wavy anyway.  Moved things around, to mark where to put a few screws at.    Few of the screws wanted to go every way but into the wood....FINALLY got the back attached
Rolleyes
Yes 

Tipped the case to installed a few Walnut plugs...drawers needed to be taken out.....
Angry Then I could access all of the counter-bored holes in the front of the case.  A dab of glue on each plug, hammer them home. 

While I had the case empty....I laid it on it's side, and hammered in the foot pads.  Stood it back up on it's own four feet. 

Placed the case back where it was, installed the drawers....decided to try to cut a Poplar back for the drawer I will be  doing tomorrow....Marked it outwent to clamp it to the bench....went and got the saw, first.   Saw was a Disston D-8 crosscut.   I even rubbed the plate with the candle.....Made the cut, place the scrap in the scrap pile, and planed the endgrain  square on the "good" part. 

Swept the floor, and hauled a load of laundry up the stairs from the dryer.    I think that will about do, for one day?   This was a Friday?
Hate when I lose a day....part of being retired, I guess.
Rolleyes

Stay tuned...