Stick out like a...
Looks really good! Exposing tails of the joint--who typically does that?--always look good as an alternate to other accent details. Now, you need to face the front frames with walnut. 
Sarcasm
Slap
OH, MY, GOODNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did those beautiful exposed pins and tails go????

Please, when I make a comment it is me just asking a question about how your thought process is working, not that I think my questions are suppose to "be the way it should be". If you wanted exposed pins and tails, that is your design preference. I really didn't mean for my question to make you change the design. (I was getting used to the exposed P & T's).

You've accomplished something I wish I could do, cut P & T's without the use of a machine or jig. I loath cutting P & T's because of the tedious nature and sheer time required. My hat is off to you for having the fortitude to make all of those cuts. Also, a tip of the hat for using a No. 45 and getting a quality cut with it. My 45 sucks and I only have a 1/4" blade.

Good job. Keep up the good work and keep taking pics.

Also, have you settled on a finish?
(08-24-2017, 05:11 AM)Dayle1960 Wrote: OH, MY, GOODNESS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did those beautiful exposed pins and tails go????

Please, when I make a comment it is me just asking a question about how your thought process is working, not that I think my questions are suppose to "be the way it should be".  If you wanted exposed pins and tails, that is your design preference.  I really didn't mean for my question to make you change the design.  (I was getting used to the exposed P & T's).  

You've accomplished something I wish I could do, cut P & T's without the use of a machine or jig.  I loath cutting P & T's because of the tedious nature and sheer time required.  My hat is off to you for having the fortitude to make all of those cuts.  Also, a tip of the hat for using a No. 45 and getting a quality cut with it.  My 45 sucks and I only have a 1/4" blade.  

Good job.  Keep up the good work and keep taking pics.

Also, have you settled on a finish?
Plan is to pick up a quart of Bullseye Amber Shellac, and then a gloss top coat or two....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(08-24-2017, 07:09 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Plan is to pick up a quart of Bullseye Amber Shellac, and then a gloss top coat or two....

Case and all the drawers are now sanded down to 150 grit...used a #4c where needed, and a piece of glass as a scraper on some areas.

Will try tomorrow to get down to 220 grit....anything above that will wait until after the shellac , and first top coat are on...

May try to haul it upstairs for the finishing....may need an extra body, or two...
Rolleyes
Well, a piece of glass as a scraper, to get some of the rougher areas toned down, and a bit of work with a plane..

To level out some of the higher spots, both on the drawer fronts..

And the top.    Along with a good sanding to 220 grit.   Surface is almost glass smooth..

Kind of shiny, now
Cool

On a whim.
Uhoh  I tried out a bit of BLO on some scraps..

Meh..
No  I think I will stick with using the Amber shellac
Yes  instead.   At least it will dry a lot faster. 

Need to get this thing OUT of the shop, before the finish can go on.....too dusty down there.
No   I need enough room to work around with a brush.   At least shellac smells better the BLO
Yes

IF I get this thing all shined up and finished, should I post a few pictures here
Confused
Did you see Mr. Chickadees latest nightstand? It was kinda similar to your dresser, yet only has one drawer. He left the pins showing on the front of the drawer and locked them in with a wedge of light colored wood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnyyl7sUcI
This is the Chest of drawers I use as a tool storage spot in my shop..

Except this one is out of Pine..

Look closely, that is a plywood panel in a frame, for the top...

Dovetail details....

Just to store tools for the shop....Five drawers worth. And the top is now filled, too.
In a 'cook up' do you bake a birthday cake, mix up icing, and never bother with a picture shot of candles being blown out?  Certainly, you need to show the finished piece.
Dresser has been moved out of the shop, and upstairs where I can apply the finish to it.   Not as dusty upstairs....nor as buggy.    Had to evict a colony of spiders, before it could come up the steps.    Wondered why drawer #4 would not close all the way....found a dirt pile in the back of the webframe.  dislodged a rock
Angry  back in the corner.   Drawer works fine now. 

Doing an inventory of the scrap bin.....seeing IF there is  enough stuff for another project....have a bit of Flame Cherry, a lot of Maple, a bit of Walnut, and a bit of Poplar.....and some pine floating around....might find SOME use for it all.....
Rolleyes
First coat is on..

Need better light....end view?

And the top...

Maybe tomorrow, a few more coats will go on?   Kind of a rookie when dealing with shellac...