Stick out like a...
  Re: Stick out like a... by bandit571 (Broken Thumb :no:  ...)
"When last I looked, Bandit was the designer of this project....not Dayle.."

Ok, I was just going to take a few clamps off today.... Winkgrin Riiight...

Next thing I know, I had added the Walnut strips, and the knobs to Drawer #4 Rolleyes  

And it's back in the clamps..just different ones...
Then I cleaned up drawer #2's walnut pieces, and put that drawer away..

Which left Drawer #3 with those naked dovetails Raised

Did a little backsaw work, then some chisels, a BIG rasp, and a slick....once the "bed" for the strip was presentable, a good coat of Elmer's, and a few small nails.   then repeat on the other end.   I can drive the nails out of sight, later....

Which left the task of hauling a 1 x 8 x 8' plank down the steps to the shop....I have enough trouble, just getting ME down those steps...slammed the plank onto the bench, marked for a couple 24-1/4" long cuts...and used a cordless saw.. Winkgrin   

First one was quite right.....second one was a bit better.   I riipped a little over an inch off the worse of the two edges..

Does have a bit of "character"? Winkgrin   The first cut off will wind up being the drawer's back.  Already have two sides cut to size. 

Maybe tomorrow, I can get the last drawer almost done? Rolleyes    Waiting on the next Pay Period, to get a can of Amber Shellac....I think it would bring out the grain a bit better than BLO. Confused

Stay tuned, almost done...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Cool 

24" boards have some nail stain maybe?

7/2/17

Or...spalt? Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Could be. I milled a lot of lumber back in the day (80's) and saw a lot of metal stain in trees, which was black/blue in color.
Having trouble viewing though, as I had surgery on an eye  the 9th. That eye is fighting the other eye now. Sad

7/2/17