Cutting a metal door?
I am going to cut a rectangle hole in a residential entry door, for a 13" x 23" window
Looking for advice, as to which implement of destruction to use to cut it.
I'm thinking a grinder with a 1/16" cutting disc. 2nd choice. Jig saw.

Anyone cut one? Tools used and results?
Circular saw with a metal blade.  Either of your choices will work, but the jigsaw will give a wavey cut line. Done it with a sawzall too!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I've cut a smaller hole in the metal with just a flat knife and a hammer. It was a foam door.
Yea grinder with a cutoff disc, and safety glasses.
Winkgrin 
Those little hot metal particles flying around are a beyotch
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have the grinder and some discs. Might have a metal blade for the circular saw.
Just had a scary thought. I do have a gas saw, used for concrete, and have a metal blade for it! Used it to butcher some old roof panels to re use them. Talk about noise!
Drill a hole in each corner. Connect the holes with a Sharpie. Then use a thin wheel on an angle grinder.
Done!  A 1/16" cut off blade in my 4 1/2" grinder did it.  Marked each corner on one side and drilled a small hole thru the door. I used a home made drill guide to get the holes at 90 degrees to the face. 
Cut a shallow cut first to establish the line, then cut all the way thru and following the shallow cut.
Cutting a total of 160" was exactly all the new disc could cut. I just made the last cut. The disc was worn down to the diameter of the flange washers + 1/8" !

Cool ..
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I assume you are going to use some molding to trim out the opening.  If you saw it with a sawzall or a jig saw I think the waviness will be apparent even with the trim in place.  I would use a circular saw.

I would drill a hole through both skins of the door at each corner.  With the circular saw you will have to saw from  both sides to finish off the cut.  The holes will tell you where to stop.

Also, remember that you have to use tempered glass or safety glass.  And although wired glass is legal, it has been shown to be more dangerous than plain glass and it should be avoided.  Acrylic is OK too.  

The glass should be far enough away from the lock set that  a burglar won't be able to smash the glass and reach in and open the door.

You will have to special order the tempered glass.  It has to be tempered after cutting.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I did make trim for the glass.  Just installed a piece of plain window glass to be sure the Boss liked it. Not sure about final glass yet.
I thought of making a leaded glass panel.