Tree roots in plumbing
Hello All,
Is there something that I can put down my drains to keep tree roots at bay besides cutting down my trees.
I have 2 Bradford Pear trees in my front yard and my guest bathroom sink is stopped up again which is also affecting my AC drain that contects to my sink drain.

Thanks
Todd
1)  I am never too terribly opposed to replacing Callery pear (Bradford is a cultivar of Callery.)...

2)  Trees do not tap into the line.  They find an existing hole and exploit it.  So, even if you get and keep the tree roots out, there is still a hole in your sewer line leaking fecal matter, etc. into your yard.

Fix the line with a solid line and the problem will be solved.
Are you sure it is tree roots ?    If it was the main sewer that was stopping up I can see tree roots being a issue but just a guest bathroom sounds more like a just a clog in the vanity drain.  Does the guest toilet flush ok ?     Roly
Get some copper sulfate.  Google it.
Both the toilet and shower drain fine. I had a plumber come out and unclogged it but I wasn't home when he did it so I don't know what his thoughts were. This is the second time in 3 years that this has happened so I'm am assuming it was possibly tree roots. I need to call him to see what he thinks may be causing the problem.
Thank you all for your advice.
Mom had her bathroom sink drain plug up this spring....the pipe was filled with black gunk, trap was clean, tub & terlit worked fine.

Maybe not enough fall? Even the plumber had no explanation.

Ed
A few years back I had a Sunday Roto- Rooter repair and the guy pulled out the blockage of Willow tree roots from my 4" plastic drain. After that bill I was glad to have the tree/ stump removed and all has been well since.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
(08-03-2017, 05:02 PM)Coffee Man 2 Wrote: Both the toilet and shower drain fine. I had a plumber come out and unclogged it but I wasn't home when he did it so I don't know what his thoughts were. This is the second time in 3 years that this has happened so I'm am assuming it was possibly tree roots. I need to call him to see what he thinks may be causing the problem.
Thank you all for your advice.

if toilet and shower are draining fine, then im thinking this is something in the house.
bathroom sink- do you trim a beard over it? wife/children brushing their hair over it?
let us know what the plumber says,eh?
If its just the sink it isn't tree roots.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(08-03-2017, 09:12 PM)EdL Wrote: Mom had her bathroom sink drain plug up this spring....the pipe was filled with black gunk, trap was clean, tub & terlit worked fine.

Maybe not enough fall? Even the plumber had no explanation.

Ed

When we aren't around, the wiminfolk pour black gunk down the drains.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24