3m buffing / polishing wheels
Posted this over in Power tools, got zero response so hopefully someone here can help.
Been a while since I have posted so hope everyone is doing well.  The reason for my post is I purchased a couple of buffing wheels from a member several years ago and lo and behold, my last one is worn to a frizzle.  So, does anyone have any for sale or could someone steer me in the right direction for purchase.   I'm looking for the ones that will fit onto a electric motor shaft.  Any help will be appreciated.

Mike
Mike

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
I bought mine from a company, GolfWorks, that sells golf pro shop supplies for repairing and refinishing golf clubs.  They sell the 3M wheels called deburring wheels.  You can see their entire catalog online.
look at what stewmac offers.  Otherwise, McMaster Carr probably has
(07-30-2017, 09:50 PM)Carheir Wrote: Posted this over in Power tools, got zero response so hopefully someone here can help.
Been a while since I have posted so hope everyone is doing well.  The reason for my post is I purchased a couple of buffing wheels from a member several years ago and lo and behold, my last one is worn to a frizzle.  So, does anyone have any for sale or could someone steer me in the right direction for purchase.   I'm looking for the ones that will fit onto a electric motor shaft.  Any help will be appreciated.

Mike

Lots of vendors on Ebay sell them, and usually at much better prices..Deburring, non woven, Muslim etc...If you want a muslin buff for polishing, I suggest one of the pleated wheels..They have a metal center that fits a motor or arbor shaft and they are available in several diameters with several shaft size mounting holes. They are far better than ordinary stitched wheels IMO and they last a very long time without "frizzling"....Plus they hold the compound very well....
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset