Stanley 45
We have been wanting one for a while and we know that a lot of the blades or even some of the blades are missing all the time.  When we get one where would we find the metal to make the blades we want?  Also where would we find the directions for one to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
As to instructions:

• book carried by Lee Valley HERE

• PDF of original pamphlet HERE

• finally, you might want to check out THIS site
The blades are 1/8  O-1 stock, which is pretty easy to find, though you will need to cut to the right width and length.    I bought mine missing only 1 blade, lucky me, and made a replacement for it without much trouble since most of the blades are just straight dado blades.  The beading blades would be a little more complicated to shape,  and for any of them, once they are cut and shaped, they need to be hardened and tempered.  Having a complete set is probably not that important,  a few common sized dado blades will be the most commonly used.
The few cutters I was missing..I bought through "nhplaneparts"    auction site store.   Cutters run about 5.95 and up....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I agree with Barry. You will use the straight blades and probably not the others. Remember that this plane was made for house trim carpenters. Things change when you adapt it for cabinet work. For example, T&G is best done other ways, other planes. The slitter is worthless because that type of thin wood is not available any more. The beads are used to recreate trim on pine and poplar. They will tear out when used on cabinet woods.

Here is what I use with my #45.

I use the 1/8" all the time. In fact I have a spare body loaded always with a 1/8 blade. It is real easy to put a 1/8 groove on something and almost every project needs a 1/8 groove somewhere.

The 1/4 is handy for drawer bottoms.

The larger blades are good for dados.

The blades are easy to make out of 1/8 flat stock. I have made hundreds of them. If you make a big bunch, you can send them out for professional heat treating. That beats making a mess in the driveway.

Good luck with your #45.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I have both a Stanley 45 and a 55 and fortunately have all the blades. I did contact LV and inquired if the blades they sell for their Plow Plane would fit and if I remember correctly they said yes.

You might want to contact them.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

LV cutters are way too  expensive.....~$20 each...
No

Bead cutters tearing out "Furniture Wood"?
Confused

Curly Maple doesn't  count, I guess....
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ya Bandit I see how you use the beading one all the time.

I still have to get us one and then I will see what has to be made.

Thanks guys!!!
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I bought a bunch of cutters for my 45 direct from Stanley. I don't think they have many left though.

carl
Thank you Carl.  Do you have a link so when we get one I would have them ready.