Stanley 45
Have you priced a Stanley 45 or 55 lately? $20 for a needed LV blade is cheap!
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

I got mine here:

http://www.stanleytoolparts.com/planes.html

carl
Try Ebay. 

It will be way to time consuming to make your own blades, unless it is a unique cutter shape.
(08-07-2017, 05:47 PM)GeorgeV Wrote: Have you priced a Stanley 45 or 55 lately? $20 for a needed LV blade is cheap!

George

I do not know why but a 55 is a lot more then a 45 unless it is because it has a lot more blades, but yes I have seen the prices and that is why we do not have one yet.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The 45 will be a lot cheaper if you didn't need the entire set.  One cutter on the plane...

nhplaneparts has all the cutters for both the 45 and the 55....and about half what the new cutters would be. 

I needed a few "extras" for mine.....usually $6-$9 each.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Bandit,   great suggestion,  I just checked his ebay store and the selection was incredible.
Arlin I have several 45s with all the cuttersx cheap see Nicole about them. She does not know tools that well but I can set one aside for you. Once you have all the cutters the bodies are not all that scarce or expensive without the cutters.
Thanks Jack.  When I get someone to drive me over I will ask and maybe also get one of the wooden #2 planes you had sitting for sale for my grandson to.

I only seen 4 or 5 planes on the table and the few saws.  To bad the company did not have ALL your tools out since I think they would have sold.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
They have not really started they are still pricing items will be another sale on th 26th .