Tool Tote
That's a fine tool presentation accessory!
that's a really nice tote.
Very
Cool
I dont need one, but yours makes me want one.
ag
Looks better than mine..

It will hold a full sized saw, though..

Be careful with yours...these do tend to get beat up in use....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(08-06-2017, 10:57 PM)BaileyNo5 Wrote: Finished 'er up today.  Here's a few pics after one coat danish oil.

[Image: 36020266720_36d4685c17_z.jpg]

[Image: 36020270970_4a3a5d9171_z.jpg]

When it came time to put on the bottom, I picked up the plywood, hemmed and hawed, and put it back down.  Sometimes I just can't abide plywood for a project, and this was one of those times.  I rustled up some scrap pine, glued it up, and did a raised panel bottom.  If I had used the plywood it would have bothered me every time I looked at it.  Now I can look at this tote and be happy with it.  Held in place with maple slips.

[Image: 36020273790_7a0ebac032_z.jpg]

Nailed it up with 2" forged nails, those things create a death grip even when you drill a big pilot hole.  I like the way they look, and this thing is solid.  Only little niggle was an issue with a nail head.  As I was driving home the last nail, the head broke off.  Kind of surprised me, as it hasn't happened to me before while driving a nail, especially a forged nail.  Not much to do other than epoxy the nail head in place - it's not like I can pull the old one out and replace it.  Doesn't impact structural integrity, but it leaves a big gap if it's not there.

[Image: 36020331180_c191ef9fe6_z.jpg]

Looks great. How about a shot of the tote full of tools? Wonder how much it's going to weigh with everything in it you want?

carl
Workin' on a full tote shot, Carl.  It's 15 pounds dry, probably about 30 loaded I would guess.  Poor internet access here so no pics at the moment, but I'll put up something after I get home.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I was a bit light on my loaded weight estimate, it came in at 41 pounds loaded with the list below.  So no mountain hikes with this on your back, but no big deal to hoist it out of the truck and into the work area.  Could have easily put a lot more in it, but I had plenty for what I was doing.

Disston D-42
Tool Belt
Mallet
2 Levels
Pullsaw
4 Chisels
Hacksaw
Box of various marking tools
Bailey #5 with 2 blades
Block plane
Measuring Tape
Hammer
Square
Small file set

[Image: 36265000210_dbb23e4187_z.jpg]

[Image: 36265001880_085dfd8102_z.jpg]
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Looks great and that's a lot of tools in there.

carl