Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase
    Hello everyone I'm new to this site thought I would show you what I've been up to; I haven't picked up a lathe chisel in over a year, been working on an old house we bought. Well I'm on vacation and took a few days and put this project together. So I just finished turning this 13" x 7.5 " Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase Yesterday, it still needs a few more coats of varnish. I hope you all like it as much as I did making it.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

First Welcome and hope you keep coming here and sharing your fine work with us.
Yes

I like how you did it and the fit and finish also.  Do you buff them to a higher polish when done?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Bruce,as Arlin said, welcome to the forum.You are getting off to a good start,that is a beautiful piece.Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
welcome
Yes     nice work
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thank you guys I think I'll like this site. I have a question though how do you add to your profile? Photo, Icon etc.

Arlin: Yes it will get buffed , I'm old school I'll steel wool and varnish it a few more times them buff w/ tree wax.
(08-08-2017, 09:06 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you guys I think I'll like this site. I have a question though how do you add to your profile? Photo, Icon etc.

Arlin: Yes it will get buffed , I'm old school I'll steel wool and varnish it a few more times them buff w/ tree wax.

It has been so long since I have done it I do not remember but I know one of the other guys will help you.

I went to your home page  https://www.forums.woodnet.net/member.ph...uid=126268   and noticed I am exactly 7 days older then you.

SO respect your elder. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh   Mine is 18 Oct 1960
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin yes I went to the same place but there's no prompt for setting them.

I see your a decorated vet thank you for your service; which conflict were you involved with? 

Bruce
I think I just remembered how to do it.

Go the the upper left part of this page which says "User CP with a guy on the left to it"  and click on it.

I was in the first desert storm and after that for 9 total tours in the middle east.

Thank you Arlin I found it and was able to post my links.

WOW! 10 tours of duty thanks again for your service and helping keeping this great nation FREE!!!

Bruce