Rare Earth Magnets in Plane Rack
(08-11-2017, 07:48 AM)mad_planter Wrote: [Image: 1240539.large.jpg]

You guys are trying to hard....

Oh crap! I never thought of that. Will Gorilla tape work in place?
(08-08-2017, 11:06 PM)John Clifford Wrote: You could hang them with boot laces. Mine are on an incline.

+1.  This one.  The purdy one from FWW, I believe.  Nice job on yours, John.  That's the one I want to build.  Bought the leather shoelaces, so I'm 90% there, right?    
Winkgrin
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Yes BaileyNo5, I did get the idea from FWW. I discounted the idea initially but the more I looked at the article I realized it had merit. I'm very pleased with it and for those who are worried about the bootlaces wearing out, you can change them every decade or so if that gives you peace of mind. Mine are about 5 years old with no wear in sight.

John
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
So end of the plane rack story - went a different direction. Made little holders for each so can reconfigure as desired. Angled the heels so can't slide out and just didn't get to hanging yet, so put some eye bolts on each end and construction string across with a lobster clip on one side. Works for now, and really appreciate all the different ideas. The back wall is currently a single sheet of 3/4 ply that they are mounted to.

Attached Files Image(s)