Curly Maple & Sepele open air bowl

[attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3653][attachment=3654][attachment=3654][attachment=3654][attachment=3655][attachment=3655][attachment=3656][attachment=3656][attachment=3656][attachment=3656]Hello Everyone this is a piece I did awhile ago 6" tall 10" D at the top.

This is how the planks were laid up in a long strip w/ each color cut at a 45 degree, then after planing smooth they were cut into wedges. This was the tricky part getting the wedge angle and the lean of the wedge to give an equal spacing between each. After that the holes were board and every part that could never be reached was sanded to 320 grit, then the final glue up was done. It was very tricky to turn because of the large hole and even harder to sand. I had to make a sanding block out of dense foam that matched the inside curve.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very unusual design and beautifully done.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thank you very much Mel.

TO: Admin could yo please fix this post I only meant to post one of each photo

Thank you,

Bruce