1/4" Ply for veneer
I think Dave has two young but talented apprentices!  
Smile
Smile
Mr Eddie is correct. It's just me and my two boys. I have tried to bring in help but it never seems to work. So much of what I do is hand tool based and it seems like this has become a dying art. There are plenty of guys around who talk a good game but very few who actually know what they are doing or seem to have the talent to learn. I am happy just staying small and grooming my boys to take a larger role when they are old enough. My 8yo already carves better than some of my students. I think before long he will be a better carver than I am. Both my boys are like sponges and pick everything up so fast it amazes me sometimes. They also love to be in the shop which I am grateful for. I'm not going to try to force my interests on my kids but if they want to learn I will teach them all I can.

My shop is only about 1200 sf with a separate area for wood storage and a spray booth. My shop is actually a pretty good size for me. I could use a little bit more space but too much larger and I would be too spread out. When I start building cabinets it can get a little cluttered though. If you are ever in the Baltimore area let me know and we can sit down and have a few cold ones on me.
(08-19-2017, 04:50 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Mr Eddie is correct. It's just me and my two boys. I have tried to bring in help but it never seems to work. So much of what I do is hand tool based and it seems like this has become a dying art. There are plenty of guys around who talk a good game but very few who actually know what they are doing or seem to have the talent to learn. I am happy just staying small and grooming my boys to take a larger role when they are old enough. My 8yo already carves better than some of my students. I think before long he will be a better carver than I am. Both my boys are like sponges and pick everything up so fast it amazes me sometimes. They also love to be in the shop which I am grateful for. I'm not going to try to force my interests on my kids but if they want to learn I will teach them all I can.

My shop is only about 1200 sf with a separate area for wood storage and a spray booth. My shop is actually a pretty good size for me. I could use a little bit more space but too much larger and I would be too spread out.  When I start building cabinets it can get a little cluttered though. If you are ever in the Baltimore area let me know and we can sit down and have a few cold ones on me.

Thank you!

Would love to motor up there if I could get the sergeant to agree.

Smile
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink