White oak, red oak, or ash?
I bought some lumber off a neighbor who was moving away. He didn't remember what he had but I know one of the boards I used was red oak. This board has an oak-like grain but it's fairly pale and doesn't have that strong pungent red oak smell when I cut it. I suppose I could cut a piece off and blow into water, but don't want to waste any.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like ash to me.  No significant ray figure.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I'd say ash too, but look closely at the end grain versus pics of same found at Hobbitt House
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'd bet that is ash as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Here's an easy way to tell white oak from red oak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6t2AZubF8U&t=282s
Ash. I just finished a rocking horse from it. Nice wood imho. Son in law was talking to a guy that exports lumber- ash is very popular right now. Last I k ew, due to the ash bore the market was glutted. At least locally

Vote for ash too.

Finished an entertainment center with it last year and been using the leftovers for smaller items so I see it a lot.

I really liked working with it.

Mike.