Struggling to replace MM-16 table
An FYI the top might weigh 40 lbs and that is generous. 

it is not really an issue unless you are resetting it on the trunnions as Aram is and then it is just unwieldy..  A second person holding it would likely work if there was someone around to do so that understood the situation and was tough enough to hold it still long enough to mount it
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-15-2017, 11:02 AM)JGrout Wrote: I wonder how well that works around the upper wheel housing. 

not very is my conclusion

Not surprising you would say this - note to the OP; disregard anything anyone else has said other than "His Majesty."

Doug
(08-14-2017, 08:32 PM)Aram Wrote: Hi all.

I removed the table (trunnions attached) from my MM-16 before a move. I'm struggling to bolt it on without any help. Just me. It's a bear to maneuver into place, especially since you have to lift it a little once it straddles the saw. Any suggestions or voices of experience? 

Thanks!

Aram

Aram
I know the feeling. On my saw, a delta 20, the table is probably a bit heavier than yours and I would be hard pressed to remove it these days. Best advice I could give is to get some sort of help, even if it is the Missus or other family member or a neighbor. A beer or burger for willing hands would be a cheap price compared to potentially damaging the machine or maybe your shoulders. A while back I got a knock on my door from a new neighbor that I had casually met months earlier. He needed help with a piece of furniture that had to be lifted and his wife would not let him do it alone, and she could not help. I didn't mind walking across the street and gave him a hand with it, it took all of 5 mins or so to finish. I would think most folks would be of the same mindset.
(08-15-2017, 11:17 AM)JGrout Wrote: it is not really an issue unless you are resetting it on the trunnions as Aram is and then it is just unwieldy..  

Exactly the issue. Not super heavy, just a pain to nudge around!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Calling a friend would be my first thought after I couldn't lift it into place alone.  By the time you engineer a solution you and your friend could be admiring your saw over a cup of coffee.  

John
(08-15-2017, 11:22 AM)Tapper Wrote: Not surprising you would say this - note to the OP; disregard anything anyone else has said other than "His Majesty."

Doug

best lock'er down mods the name calling has commenced 

but I suppose if you had to overthink and over engineer a solution  using brute force and stubborn will to accomplish a 10 minute  task in an hour this would be at the top of the list for sure.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-15-2017, 11:22 AM)Tapper Wrote: Not surprising you would say this - note to the OP; disregard anything anyone else has said other than "His Majesty."

Doug

Gentlemen,

Let's not go down this path please. While I'm aware of what's behind this, Joe has been very helpful to me in the past. I can evaluate his ideas and use them or not. I appreciate everyone who takes time to type out a response.

Thanks to everyone in this thread.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
If you have no hoist or anything otherwise, I believe I'd be on the phone asking a buddy to come help me.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'd be interested in what you finally figure out just in case it happens to me.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I did that ~ 15 years ago, and don't remember how.   I was younger and stronger then though...  Dumber too.   That saw was lying on it's spine on a pallet, and I took it off the pallet and set it upright by myself.   And my kids ask me how I injured my back.  
Rolleyes

As I think back, I believe I swapped the table due to a defect and did NOT swap the trunnion.

If you mount the table and trunion separately, can you manage the weight?

If I recall correctly, getting the table back to flat after remounting to the trunnion was a little tricky, but at least you're not dealing with the weight...
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13