Going Green
Thank you Bill and STWood; Bill I like the look of Oak but not the smell and I seem to get more catches w/ Oak as well.

Bruce
(08-18-2017, 07:18 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you Bill and STWood; Bill I like the look of Oak but not the smell and I seem to get more catches w/ Oak as well.

Bruce

Well I've had this piece in a brown paper bag over a month there's a crack but its small and a piece has lifted a bit otherwise it looks the same how long do you leave you pieces to dry when you turn Green Wood?

Bruce
Bruce, I do not know the minimum time to bag'em.  I have generally waited 6 months or more but mine are usually 3/4" or more thick.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Nice piece. Interested in seeing how the drying goes. Any idea how wet it was when you started?
(09-26-2017, 12:43 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Nice piece. Interested in seeing how the drying goes. Any idea how wet it was when you started?

Thank you Guys,

They had just cut down the tree a few weeks before I found  it. It was very Green!!
Thank you Bill I'll leave it until the spring then.

Bruce
Do you normally turn hollow forms in bowl blank orientation?

I usually turn them the other way.

Your orientation makes for more interesting grain and color, but I would be concerned about it surviving the drying process.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
(09-26-2017, 03:51 PM)clovishound Wrote: Do you normally turn hollow forms in bowl blank orientation?

I usually turn them the other way.

Your orientation makes for more interesting grain and color, but I would be concerned about it surviving the drying process.
clovis this is the First green piece I've ever turned.

Bruce
I put the final finish on this piece today; only two checks and it's now Oval shaped, I went w/ a Tung Oil finish.

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-04-2017, 03:16 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: I put the final finish on this piece today; only two checks and it's now Oval shaped, I went w/ a Tung Oil finish.

Awesome work!