Best router accessories
I apologize if this topic has been posted too many times, but my forum search didn't turn up anything.

Looking to purchase a router edge guide and a router lift. Would like to keep the price of the lift at or below $200.00

I have a Ridgid full size router with a fixed and plunge base and an Elu plunge router.

Thinking that I would keep the Ridgid mounted in the table, so that would be the one going in the lift.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks
I think the Jessem will be your best bet for a lift in your price range. They are solid lifts and should work with your existing router.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/jesse...gKZp_D_BwE
I will date myself somewhat saying I come from when you had at least 1 Porter Cable 690 router, and those went perfectly with their router guide. Porter Cable Router Edge Guide 42700

[Image: Porter_cable_42690.jpg]

Ok now, they evidently don't line up the rods with every router on earth, so if you don't have a PC router, you will do best with one like this one that Rockler sells. You can make holes to fit anything, and still use it. It's got a nice wide platform so it won't tip over, and a good handhold. Or, you can cut your own out of Plywood (not as good for visibility through it, but hey if it's and edge do you need to see it, or just push it tight against it?) Or some clear plastic thick enough to do the job.

I am not against a router lift, but I feel unless you are doing production work, you are doing nothing but throwing away $$$$$$$$ over the many very good routers with through the table height adjustment. That is all the lift is doing, is raising the height. My favorite choice would be the big Triton on sale it's close to your 200 bux, and will mount into any table.

Big Triton router I own 2 of this router, and really like how they work, plus for a serious router it offers more bang for the buck than any other IMHO. You'll find many of the other brands offer a 2 Hp router with through the table adjustment. Not that you need a 3hp plus for all table routing, but if you are spinning a big bit, it's really nice.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks for the replies.
Dave, that is the lift that showed up the most in my searches, and gets good reviews. Probably what I will go with. I live near the MLCS showroom and stopped in yesterday to look at theirs and was less than impressed with the quality and its a lot more $$$$.

Steve, I do realize that a lift is sort of a luxury with my current set up, finer adjustments are a real PITA from under the table. The PC guide you pictured is what I had in mind, but I don't think the rods will line up with my Elu. From what I've been able to find online, it's the predecessor to the DeWalt 6521.
The DeWalt guides I see available don't look like they have quite as accurate fine adjustments so that's why I posted here to see what others are using.

On a side note, anyone in Philly should check out the MLCS showroom. It's darn near a small Woodcraft now. In the past they only carried their own stuff and didn't really display it well.
They now carry many manufacturers of power tools, name brand clamps, and even a full line of General Finishes products.
I think it really is a question of what kind of work you're doing.  IMO, I've never had any use for either of those items.  If you are running a lot of millwork you really need a shaper and a power feeder.  If not, then you're probably better off learning how to make quick and easy jigs for your routing (rather than the edge guide, at least).

Products won't make you a great woodworker, despite all the marketing hype to the contrary.
Not expecting to become a better woodworker because of a router lift.
I have rhumetoid arthritis and bending over frequently often leads to flare ups that keep me from doing anything for days.
Being able to adjust the height from above the table is just me making an accommodation for my health.
I picked up the incra version of the Jessum router lift last fall after years and years of using a router with above the table adjustment. Does it make me better no? Absolutely not. Can I crank it up and down fast yep? Do I enjoy being a dork and spinning it up and down with my pinky? You bet. This is a hobby for most of us so almost by definition it's a money pit. Spentnit how you please. You can always make more money.
-Marc

For me, a Router Raizer on a Freud FT2000 (no longer available in the U.S.) works pretty well for my purposes. The Router Raizer doesn't have the .001" adjustment that some claim to offer. It uses a 3/8" 16 t.p.i. threaded shaft so 1 turn moves the bit 1/16", half turn 1/32" etc. There's enough 'drag' in the mechanism that i don't need to use the plunge lock. When I removed the plunge springs from the router I did need to use the plunge lock, the height would change due to vibration so I put the springs back in. Something else to consider: how about bit changes? Above the table? Shaft lock without having to bend over?
John, I notice that MLCS carries M-power now. I think they make a set up that looks really versatile. It isn't cheap but it looks like you can do a lot more with it than a traditional edge guide. I'm not into gadgets and usually just make whatever I need but I remember being really impressed by this tool.

http://www.m-powertools.com/CRB7-MK3-com...r-base.htm
I made a handy square base for one of my routers. After centering the router on the base, I trimmed 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8 inch off 3 of the sides. That way I can run the router along a straight edge, and make a rough cut, then turn the base, and make a fine finish cut.