Basement concrete floor treatments for craft room?
We are remodeling a 14'x12' room in the basement, and want to do a floor treatment that will be moisture proof, and easy to clean. It will be a craft room for my 11 year old daughter, so there will be spills. I don't want her to have to worry about damage to it, so cheap is good.

Current considerations:

* Vinyl tile (would match the mudroom entry next to the craft room, $600)

* Concrete Acid Treatment (that treatment that makes it look kinda like a marble floor, but different, $500)

* Garage epoxy with the flakes (kinda pretty for the daughter, easy to renew? $200)

Any experience with these? Any other recommendations?

I thought there was a thread on this subject already, but didnt find it.

Thanks in advance!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I chose option 3 for my shop and it has held up well over many years and still looks great. Good prep is the key to success with this stuff: clean, clean, and clean again to ensure good adhesion to the concrete.
Sheet vinyl. Under $200 with glue. DIY.

Since its 12' or less, no seams. Just make sure you are not 12' 1" wide. Rolls are 12' wide.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I did the epoxy on my shop floor and it has been rock solid for 12+ years.
You may want to check out what I used in my basement ... Here

It has a cork backing, waterproof core, and nice texture on the top that looks and feels just like hardwood.  This are click together and easily installed as a DIY.  If they ever get wet, you just unclick your floor, dry it out, and reinstall.
I would use floor paint.  It is cheap and easy to apply.  And you can cover it later with premium vinyl planks.  You can make patterns using tape or a single color (any color you want).  It will last for years in a residential environment.  

I painted my deck with this 20 years ago and it still looks pretty good (but it could use another coat next year).

I would not bother with epoxy indoors in a basement.  It sounds like over-kill to me.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Valspar-Light-G...oz/3083631

[Image: 042397577123.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Floor paint seems like a good idea. Make it a neutral color and then give the daughter some acrylics to draw on the floor with. Whatever she wants.

Make it green or brown and she can paint flowers or whatever.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I hadn't considered floor paint. I'll research it. Keep the opinions coming!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Is it possible to do floor paint and do a small section in chalkboard paint ? Then she could draw on the floor and erase it, redraw, etc etc. I have no clue if this is feasible but thought it might be a cool idea.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
The sprinkle stuff or floor paint.

I used a Minwax epoxy(no etching needed---nice in an enclosed basement) in LOML's sewing room in the basement. She rolls a chair on it and there is an area rug---so far the only problem in 8 years is a scratch caused by a broken foot on a cabinet being dragged.

I used floor paint(exterior) on a customers concrete porch 7 years ago---still looking great. I used an anti-skid additive in that to make it easier to get traction when wet.